Who is Me?
Hi there. My name is Eva bd. My real name is Georgia Evelyn Stants. I tried to retain a secret identity for a while, but eventually it came out. I'm a teacher outside of Wikipedia, and I've been here since 2006-02-09, though I edited pages for a couple months prior to that before registering as a user, and used Wikipedia for a couple months prior to that. Welcome to my disappointing Userpage. Mostly, it is simply a way for me to keep all of my projects in order. You can see them below. I am not perfect, so if I've made a mistake and you'd like to let me know, you can click on my talk page: Eva bd. You can also do so if you just want to say hello. To learn more about me, look here. You can also take a look at what wonderful things I'm working on in my SANDBOXES (1|2|3|4) and see my picture contributions from the Wikimedia Commons at this page! Enjoy!
Places to Which I've Been
To Do List
The following are things that I am either working on or hope to get to soon. This list is certainly not complete
Heraldry and Vexillology ToDoList
- Article assessment
- Check Category:Unassessed cricket articles for class and Category:Unknown-importance cricket articles for importance: see Assessment Department for details
- Update fair and unfair play, fast bowling, first-class cricket, googly, innings, leg break, limited overs cricket, not out, Pakistan Cricket Board, spin bowling, underarm bowling, wicket, and other fundamental articles classified by the WikiProject as high-importance so that they meet WP:Verifiability policy standards
- There is a toolserver based WikiProject Cricket cleanup list that automatically updates weekly to show all articles covered by this project which are marked with cleanup tags. (also available in one big list and in CSV format)
Upon encountering a Wikipedia page, pertaining to the word “Slog,” as it relates to sports terminology in the game of Cricket, I noticed a potential opportunity to assist in the clean-up of Stub-Class articles, as mentioned in the Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Cricket/to do Talk Page.
Based on my rudimentary, yet thought-provoking, perusal of the Wikipedia article in question, entitled, Slog, I have deduced that, as a result of the lack of much ostensibly substantial content, depth of knowledge of the subject matter, breadth of the representative material, as well as the lack of any verifiable citations notated within the article, that this article merits compulsory Review and/or Revision.
It is my belief that the page in question would be better purposed by Merging, or rather through incorporating the current page, Slog, into the following Cricket page, whose path is noted here, Cricket.
Allowing the approval of my request to Redirect or Merge the aforementioned page would help to assist in the overall clean-up of Stub Class articles, which will ultimately lead to greater effectiveness, and thus efficiencies.
Greater efficiencies would impact the following Wikipedia processes: 1) Reducing Server Resources, which would positively impact Costs 2) Reducing Potential Maintenance Costs, 3) Eliminate Redundancies (i.e., virtually the same semblance of the definition of “Slog” in Wiktionary, including WikiData), and 4) Utilizing a Top-Down methodology for the Creation and Maintenance of both Categories and Portals, within the auspices of Wikimedia’s intellectual property, for the informational databases and datasets. These suggestions would ultimately create a greater efficiency within the navigation of the Wikipedia Community.
Thank you you for the time you have taken to read this commentary, I look forward to hearing any comments or suggestions on my Talk Page User talk:Markhalsey
Mark Halsey 04:34, 24 February 2018 (UTC)MarkHalsey
- Add infoboxes to the player articles found at Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/requested infoboxes
- Cricket people
- Create articles about 19th century players who are listed in Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/19th century players
- Create biographies about Bangladeshi players from the task force redlink list
- Check the listing of key bios at Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/Key biographies and improve these to at least B-class.
- Create batting/bowling graphs for cricketers who have excelled in international cricket.
- Create articles for redlinks present here and here
- Cricket teams & countries
- Domestic cricket coverage is needed for Bangladesh, Canada, Kenya, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe;
- Create articles from redlinks and improve existing articles in List of current first-class cricket teams; National cricket teams; Under-19 national cricket teams
- Create articles about cricket in these missing countries
- Create or expand articles on international tours from items in Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/summary of international tour articles
- Create a link as such on Template:Cr-Aus/doc for Cricket Australia XI
- Add pictures (and remove template from address requests) in these Category:Wikipedia requested images of cricket people
- Add pictures for grounds missing photos from here
- On this day in cricket
- Expand ICC International umpire panel; ICC Elite referee panel; ICC Associates and Affiliates umpire panel
- Expand Women's cricket, Women's Test cricket and articles about women's cricket generally especially biographies and tours
- A number of lists need to be updated, can be found in Template:International cricketers and Template:National cricket captains
- Regularly updating cricketers' career stats.
Other Things ToDo
Take the Rorschach inkblot test:
Things I've Done
The following are things that I've done and been working on. Generally speaking, I'm pretty proud of them.
The following are Featured Articles that I've contributed a great deal to, in order of my involvement:
I've also uploaded two Featured Pictures with the help of other users. They can be seen here:
The following are Good Articles that I've contributed a great deal to, in no particular order:
As I've updated and written more articles for Wikipedia, some of them have been added to the Main Page in the "Did You Know" template.
|} Toolbox used from User:FireFox
- New Pages
- Recent Changes
- Heraldry Stubs
- My Edit Count
- My 1st Mainspace Edit
- My 500th Mainspace Edit
- My 1000th Mainspace Edit
- My 1500th Mainspace Edit
- My 2000th Mainspace Edit
- My 2500th Mainspace Edit
- My 3000th Mainspace Edit
- My 3500th Mainspace Edit
I've been given three wiki awards in my life, in addition to service awards. I'm still holding out for a Cricket barnstar, but that will have to wait:
The Tireless Contributor Barnstar
For your fine and systematic work on biographies of officers of arms and other heraldists. Chelseaboy 16:48, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
|The Good Article Medal of Merit|
|For significant contributions to five WP:GA articles (two of which have gone on to become WP:FA) as of today's date. Good on you! Ling.Nut 12:23, 13 June 2007 (UTC)|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Released into public domain|
|I agree to release my text and image contributions, unless otherwise stated, into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under public domain terms, please check the multi-licensing guide.|