Areas of My Expertise
I’m looking for work as a static analyzer or software tester. I’m a published authority on static analysis, compiler testing, artificial intelligence, and the Access Linux Platform; my forthcoming work on Church’s set theory with a universal set is discussed in the Oxford Logic Guide on the subject, by T. E. Forster of the University of Cambridge. I’ve written commercial software, but not recently; for the past fifteen years I’ve mostly worked in software testing and static analysis, for Palm and its OS spinoff PalmSource, and Apple and its short-lived spinoff, Newton, Inc. Before that, I was a researcher at the University of London.
I’m the president of the Stanford PalmPilot User Group, and was the chief judge for last four PalmHack programming contests.
- Résumé and publication list: http://pobox.com/~flash/ResumeFlashSheridan.pdf
- Compiler testing bibliography: http://pobox.com/~flash/compiler_testing_bibliography.html
- My open source bug reports: http://pobox.com/~flash/FlashsOpenSourceBugReports.html
- My StackOverflow answers: http://stackoverflow.com/users/28312/flash-sheridan
- My Google profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/flashsheridan
- My ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-5828-2009
Pages I’ve Created or Written Most of
- Michael Alsbury
- Birge Clark
- Compiler correctness
- Palo Alto Daily Post
- Planetary Defense Coordination Office
- Static_code_analysis#Bibliography (I am on a continuing quest to get someone to write a good introduction to static analysis for bug finding; see my StackOverflow answer on the subject.)
- Sumerian poetry
- Universal set
As noted in the talk page, I’m no longer actively watching or contributing financially to Wikipedia, given the recent censorship in the name of clean-up, e.g., List of tools for static code analysis.