Wikipedia is ... a place where anyone with a browser can go, pick a subject that interests them, and without even logging in, start an argument.
-Lore Sjoberg, The Wikipedia FAQK
Wikipedia is basically Webkinz World for grownups.
-Mrs. Floquenbeam, while watching my daughter and I both "playing" at the same time
I haven't yet been screwed by sonneteers.
So that's how I select my fav'rite peers.
-User:Proofreader77, (unpublished work)
Strength is essential, but otherwise unimportant
Hello, and welcome
- I respond to Floquenbeam, Floq, Flo, FB, any other nickname you can think of (as long as it's not rude), or even "hey you", as long as I know from context you're talking to me.
- I don't go around correcting people when they guess wrong (hardly their fault), but I'm a "he".
- I'm easy to get along with (at least in real life), so please give me any constructive criticism you want; I'm aware that I'm imperfect, and usually quite willing to admit it and apologize when I screw up.
- I try my best to turn the other cheek, but I'm evidently not so great getting unconstructive criticism, particularly when my good faith is questioned, or if I think I'm being patronized.
- I instinctively side with the underdog, so I tend to react poorly when I see other people (particularly newbies) bullied or patronized. I'm not convinced that's a defect, but I'm trying to make more of an effort in not going immediately into attack mode.
- Sock declaration: User:Floquensock, User:Floquenstein's monster, and User:Floquenphone are me. As is future bureaucrat User:Aardvark Floquenbeam.
- FWIW, I used to have another account before Floquenbeam, but abandoned it; so I've been here longer than it looks.
- I was on the Arbitration Committee from 1 January 2014 until 29 July 2014, but couldn't hack it.
... My first self-created userbox, inspired by a conversation with an incredulous 25 year old coworker today
... My wiki birthday. I am somewhat older than this in real life.
... Happy me day!
... Shamelessly stolen from Pedro
... So no, I'm not working for Santorum's election campaign, in spite of occasional moronic claims to the contrary
... Finally got around to this: see User:Floquenbeam/Recall
... Good boy.
... And they were both completely normal human beings!
... Aparece una mayor, con mucho más infierno en digestión
... although stupid and lazy is also a distinct possibility
This is the year
2017/18, 2018/19: You know, it's taken many decades, and I've shamefully looked the other way most of those decades, but the last few months have made even a white, male, old dog like me maybe 20% woke. Fuck the NFL. CTE. Blackmailing cities for stadia. Crawling over one another to hire rapists. Blackballing Colin Kaepernick. Fuck every single person associated with the ownership of this league. I have no illusions that this matters to anyone, but I'm trying to improve my karma by boycotting the NFL this year. MLB may not be much better, but it's got to be incrementally better, right?. Wish I could turn to NCAA football instead, but ... Jesus, it's just horrible, horrible people every way you turn. --Floquenbeam (talk) 00:30, 10 August 2017 (UTC)