Sandbox: Sources to improve various articles.
If you know anything about how to officially publish an audio interview, so that it can be cited, please leave a comment on My talk.
During 2010 I became increasingly interesting in music from various regions within Mali, and Africa more generally. This interest is evidenced by my contributions to several applicable pages (i.e. Barthélémy Attisso, Orchestra Baobab, Ali and Toumani, In the Heart of the Moon, Niafunké, Tinariwen and Tassili). I believe that the following quote from Ali Farka Touré represents my motivation to contribute to these articles.
If you know something and don't want to share it, then you are selfish. You came after someone, and someone else will come after you. You can't learn the entire sea by heart. No. This is why God created waves in the river and in the sea. Some leave, and some come. Everyone needs to participate in making sure our culture is healthy, in helping preserve our heritage. And today in Mali, in Bamako, we are working so very hard to fight against the way the Third World is being plundered. And I hope that we will succeed.
I come from a strange creative, artistic family... and I guess I'm really grateful for that because when I was growing up I was brought up with this idea that everyone should make things and everyone should create things.
I have been a fan of D.C. United since 2007 and a supporter of the United States Men's National Soccer Team for much longer. After winning the 1999 MLS Cup Jeff Agoos, a D.C. United Hall of Tradition inductee, put American soccer in an appropriate context.
We want the same respect as top teams around the world, like Real Madrid and Manchester United. That's our aim. It's a learning process. We're only four years old. These clubs, when they were four years old, it's hard to say if they had the same success. What we have done in four years is incredible, absolutely incredible.
I'm just going to run around like a maniac and we'll see what we can do.
I have a suggestion for Microsoft — no fancy programming required. Just let us users hang out a "Do Not Distrub" sign. Then leave us alone. We're dreaming.
- Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté 'In the Heart of the Moon' (WCD072) Sleeve Notes, World Circuit Records
- "MOBY VOV". MADE. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Michael Lewis (19 December 1999). "United celebrates victory with cigars". CNN. Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- alex Yannis (21 November 1999). "Galaxy and United To Battle in Final". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Cup ties: '99 D.C. vs. '04 D.C.". Major League Soccer. 22 January 2010.
- "The Boss in the Machine". The New York Times. San Francisco. 19 February 2005. p. A15. ISSN 0362-4331.