What is "fraise"?
Fraise is French for strawberry. I like strawberries, and French. Voilà !
Where I'm from, where I've been
- Originally from Springfield, Oregon, USA.
- Spent a year as an exchange student in Lyon, France, 1997-1998.
- Then lived in Meilahti, Helsinki, Finland for two years, and worked in Ekenäs (Tammisaari).
- Moved to Nice, France in 2000 and have lived on the French Riviera since.
- Have also visited Corsica, Brittany, the Loire valley, Alsace, Rhône-Alpes, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, and of course Paris, France; Stockholm, Sweden; Beijing and Tianjin, China; Manitoba and British Columbia, Canada; London, England; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Ventimiglia, Turin, Genoa, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Milan, and Venice, Italy; Geneva, Switzerland; all US states west of the Mississippi River, and also Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
What I enjoy
I've always loved reading and foreign languages, and so enjoyed my studies — I have a B.A. magna cum laude in French language and literature, with a minor in music performance, from the University of Oregon (quack). More recently, I obtained my Masters in comparative literature from the Université de Nice in France, with mention bien (magna cum laude as well).
Favorite pastimes are mountain biking, scuba diving, reading (I've studied English/American, Native American, Russian, French, Italian, Ancient Greek, and others), gardening on my little 18sq.m/200sq.ft patio, handsewing, cooking, and DIY (home improvement).
Photos of my home and travels can be found in my flickr gallery.
Currently a consultant with a French information technology company, I oversee globalisation/localisation/translation projects. Previously I worked as a freelance writer, editor, and translator (French-English) for eight years.
- Contributions on the English wiki
- Contributions on the French wiki
- Contributions on the Corsican wiki
- Contributions on the Norwegian wiki
- Contributions to Wikiquote