|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Hey there! My name is Gustavo Góngora (Spanish pronunciation: [gon'gora]). I'm a Uruguayan-born Spanish Wikipedian living in Norway and working here for the sake of free knowledge. I hold a B.A. Degree in English studies and a M.A. in Literary Research, Comparative Literature and Theatre from UNED. I am a linguistics student enrolled in the Mphil programme in English Linguistics and Language Acquisition at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
I am an administrator on the Spanish Wikipedia since 2007, and I was an administrator on the Catalan Wikipedia from 2010 to April 2017. I am also a bureaucrat on es.wiki and a checkuser on ca.wiki, besides being an active user on the Norwegian Wikipedia.
- My birth as a Wikipedian took place on 23 July 2006 .
- I became an administrator and bureaucrat on the Spanish Wikipedia on April 9, 2007.
- I was chosen for the former Spanish Arbitration Committee (ArbCom) twice in 2008.
- In June 2009 I became a candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
- My first article on Wikipedia was on es.wiki, Arapey Springs (26 July 2006).
- I was an administrator on the Catalan Wikipedia from March 2010 until April 2017.
- I am a checkuser there since 2009.
- I became a board member of Wikimedia Spain (Wikimedia España) in April 2010.
- I have participated in seven Wikimania meetings (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017). I was a speaker during the first three Wikimania events. As for Wikimania 2016, I participated in an open discussion called Content translation across Wikipedias.
- In December 2010 I attended the Wiki-GLAM conference in Paris, France.
- I am also a member of Amical, a non-profit organization which seeks to promote Wikimedia projects in Catalan-speaking territories.
- Up to now, I have created more than 1,500 articles cross-linguistically: Spanish, Catalan, Occitan, Italian, French, Norwegian (bokmal), Portuguese, and English.
- I have 11 featured articles (10 in Spanish, 1 in Catalan) and 7 good articles.
- In 2011 I was jury member during the first edition of Wikipedia:Wiki Loves Monuments. In 2012 I was jury member of the Spanish edition of WLM.
- I was the first press room contact for Wikimedia Spain (WM-ES) (2010-2011).
- As of 2016, I am a member of Wikimedia Norge (Norway) and a regular editor on the Norwegian and Spanish Wikipedia(s).
- Since 1 February 1, 2017 I am a member of the WMF Ombudsman Commission.
- I have more than 41,000 global edits, etc, etc.
- As you may have imagined, I'm a Wikiholic who is proud of his addiction!
- If you have any doubt, question and/or suggestion, contact me. I always try to answer as quickly as possible.
Activity on Wikipedia by language
This table shows my activity on Wikipedia by language:
|Catalan||ca.wiki||November 7, 2006||+23,000||Administrator (sysop) (2010-2017), checkuser|
|Spanish||es.wiki||July 26, 2006||+19,000||Administrator (sysop), bureaucrat, former ArbCom member|
|Norwegian||no.wiki||July 4, 2008||+5,100||Verified user (autopatruljerte)|
|French||fr.wiki||March 16, 2007||+2,400||Verified user|
|English||en.wiki||August 9, 2006||+1,400||Verified user|
|Italian||it.wiki||March 16, 2007||+300||Verified user|
|Portuguese||pt.wiki||November 7, 2006||+240||Verified user|
|German||de.wiki||June 9, 2007||+100||Verified user (Bestätigter Benutzer)|
Areas of interest
- English language, literature and culture; universal geography; politics and social sciences; literature in general; Romance languages; Roman Empire; history; the Americas; Scandinavian culture and civilization; football, basketball and boxing; Uruguay.
- Arapey springs
- Barker, Uruguay
- Cardona, Uruguay
- Caruso Sauce
- Chamberlain, Uruguay
- Colonia Valdense
- Elena Zuasti
- Empanadas in Uruguay
- Florencio Sánchez, Uruguay
- Fomento, Uruguay
- Francisco Lecocq
- Horqueta, Uruguay
- Juan Lacaze
- La Paz, Uruguay
- Melo –contributions
- Ombúes de Lavalle
- Progreso, Uruguay
- Rosario, Uruguay
- San Ramón, Uruguay
- Santa Lucía, Uruguay
- Toledo, Uruguay
|I was born in|
|I grew up in:|
|I have also lived in|
|I've spent a week or more in|
|I've spent a few days in|
|I've spent a few hours in|