This is the user sandbox of GCarlin54BOS. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Finished writing a draft article? Are you ready to request an experienced editor review it for possible inclusion in Wikipedia?
2013.1.1 / August 14, 2013
|Type||Strategic Healthcare Informatics Platform|
InterSystems HealthShare is a healthcare informatics platform for hospitals, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and regional and national health information exchanges (HIE). 
HealthShare includes health information exchange, data aggregation, workflow, text analysis, and analytics technology. It connects to internal and external systems for HIE, and offers an integrated, universal view of all the data . HealthShare enables healthcare professionals to leverage their existing systems and the vast amounts of untapped health information contained within them to support secure data exchange and messaging and connections to other HIEs. The software also offers a real-time analytics component, called Active Analytics, that continuously collects, aggregates, normalizes, and presents data from across and beyond the organization. Because it is designed as a series of components that work securely together, HealthShare can be configured in a variety of ways, from clinical document sharing to fully integrated private or public health information exchange . HealthShare components include:
• Composite Health Record
• Clinician Viewer
• Patient Index
• Provider Directory
• Terminology Engine
• Consent Management
• Clinical Message Delivery
• Active Analytics
InterSystems HealthShare has been implemented in the State of Missouri  , State of Illinois  , State of Rhode Island , New York eHealth Collaborative , Brooklyn Health Information Exchange (BHIX)  HealthIX, Health Information Exchange of New York (HIXNY) , Beaumont Health System 
The HealthShare standards-based interoperability framework provides a scalable, foundation for health information exchange. It connects data, applications, processes, and users internally and externally of an organization. 
Supported standards include:
The main competitors are vendors of other integration engines for healthcare such as, Optum, eClinical Works, dbMotion, MEDecision
- "InterSystems and eHealth Technologies announce partnership". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "InterSystems Launches Next Generation of HealthShare". InterSystems. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Health Information Exchanges to Combine Analytics, 'Actionable' Data: IDC". eWEEK. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- "Texas Chooses InterSystems for Statewide HIE". Healthcare Informatics. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "7 Big Data Solutions Try To Reshape Healthcare". Information Week. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "IDNS LOOKING BEYOND THE EMR TO BRIDGE CARE COORDINATION GAP". HIE Watch. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "Midwest HIEs Transmitting Among States". Health Data Management. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "HealthShare Product Specifications". InterSystems. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "Statewide medical record system rolls out this fall". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Missouri Health Connection signs up first 5 for HIE". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- "State of Illinois Selects InterSystems HealthShare For Statewide Electronic Health Records". InterSystems. Retrieved January 3, 2012. line feed character in
|title=at position 52 (help)
- "Illinois to roll out HIE Platform". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- "Texas, Rhode Island, Florida Move Forward on HIE Database". eWEEK. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "R.I. Spreads its HIE Wings". CMIO. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- "NYeC Chooses InterSystems for HIE Software". Healthcare Informatics. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Power in Numbers". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Healthcare Information Xchange Of New York (HIXNY) Leverages InterSystems HealthShare To Increase Provider Adoption, Community Engagement". InterSystems. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "New York RHIOs and HIEs team up to create 'model for the rest of the nation'". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- "Beaumont Health System Uses InterSystems HealthShare to Gain Actionable Insights on Hospital-Acquired Infections and Improve Patient Safety". InterSystems. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "A change for exchange". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
Category:Database management systems Category:Relational database management systems Category:Object-oriented database management systems Category:Proprietary database management systems Category:Proprietary software Category:MUMPS implementations
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|