- Not to be confused with Gabriel Iglesias.
|Born||Gabriel Theodore Iglesia
3 November 1994
La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States
|Alma mater||Antioch College|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Personal life
- 3 As a Wikipedian
- 4 Pages created
- 5 Pages to be created
- 6 Pages on my priority watchlist
- 7 Scripts, gadgets, and other shortcuts I use
- 8 Wikipedia presence elsewhere
- 9 Some useful editing guidelines and tools
- 10 The Daily Dose
- 11 Wikipedia-notable people I've met
- 12 Userbox gallery
Early life and education
Gabe was born in La Jolla, California. His father is a civil engineer and PhD graduate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his mother is a nurse. Both of his parents were born in the Philippines.
At Antioch, Gabe has had five co-op jobs. Gabe interned full-time at a community foundation in Manhattan, and then at a communications firm in Washington, D.C. He has also interned at the U.S. Department of State and at Nagasaki University's Research Center for Nuclear Weapons Abolition.
Gabe is currently participating in the State Department's U.S. Foreign Service Internship Program.
Gabe has a younger sister, Michaela, born in 1996.
As a Wikipedian
Gabe registered as a Wikipedia editor on September 20, 2012. Gabe recalls browsing Wikipedia as far back as 2005, when he was 10 years old.
His interests on Wikipedia include anything from international relations to astronomy to video games. As a detail-oriented editor, he identifies as a WikiGnome. As such, most of his edits entail typo fixes, grammatical improvements, bolding main subjects and abbreviations, citations, Wikilinks, disambiguation pages, redirects, and category pages. In his view, improving the little details helps improve the bigger picture overall. On occasion, he does create articles of his own and make effort to substantially improve stubs (see projects below).
- Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs
- James Brewster
- John Withers
- Tom Manley
- Fulbright College
- Ruth Davis
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Yemen
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Yemen/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Myanmar
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Myanmar/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Ghana/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/South Korea/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Laos
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Laos/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Kuwait
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Kuwait/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Libya
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Libya/archive
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Geography
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Geography/archive
Pages to be created
|Pages to be created|
Pages on my priority watchlist
* Per Wikipedia's conflict of interest policies, I declare that as a past intern with the U.S. Department of State and a student of Antioch College, I have a direct connection with the subjects of these articles.
Scripts, gadgets, and other shortcuts I use
Wikipedia presence elsewhere
Some useful editing guidelines and tools
- Notability guidelines
- List of policies and guidelines
- Wikipedia's deletion policy
- Proposing a deletion
- Criteria for an immediate deletion
- How to add an image to an article
- Wikipedia's policy on non-free content
- Copyright tags for files
- Copyright tags for non-free content
- Userboxes for user pages
- How to make a redirect page
- Stub categories
- Vandalism warnings
- Template messages
- Welcome messages
- Service awards for registered Wikipedia editors
- Guidelines for students and teachers
- Quality scale for assessing Wikipedia articles
- Succession box guidelines
- Video game article guidelines
The Daily Dose
- The Iraqi Armed Forces capture Qayyarah from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- The exoplanet Proxima Centauri b is discovered in the habitable zone around Proxima Centauri (pictured), the closest star to the Sun.
- A magnitude 6.2 earthquake hits central Italy, killing at least 278 people.
- The Summer Olympics conclude in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- At least 54 people are killed when a wedding is attacked by a suicide bomber in Gaziantep, southern Turkey.
Wikipedia-notable people I've met
Politics and Philosophy