User:Gamall Wednesday Ida
|Some wordy stuff about me|
My pseudonyms on the internet, which I have been using consistently for well over a decade, are Ida, Gamall, and the overlong Gamall Wednesday Ida, which, unlike the previous ones, should be unique enough to allow easy search and univocal identification (barring hypothetical impersonators).
In real life, I am a theoretical computer scientist working in the areas of formal languages and automated verification. Starting in Sept. 2017, I'll be an associate professor in a French engineering school. I'm pretty sure I am not notable, and don't have any WP:COI worth mentioning.
I edit mostly on topics related to computer science and (basic) discrete mathematics, and revert vandalism wherever I come across it. Finally, I keep a watchful eye on some pseudoscience-related topics; I have a profound dislike of attempts to protect nonsense, whether religious or profane, by lowering, dismissing, or obfuscating the standards of rational inquiry, especially by people who ought to know better. As a result, I spend way more time than I like drawn into related arguments. That's life, I guess.
Shopping list (articles created / to create)
- (research) Create the Tree transducer article: stub Done. Make it good: Not done.
- (basic) Needed to create Ranked alphabet as prerequisite. Done Needs a proper definition of ranked terms. Not done.
- (misc) Hockey-stick identity. A nice identity I didn't know about until recently, applicable in a proof for Square pyramidal numbers. Mostly seeded the article from some free sources. Done
- Work out if it's a special case of Vandermonde's identity, and write it up. Not done
- (misc) Arithmetices principia, nova methodo exposita. Stub. Done
- (misc) Bird–Meertens formalism: fill out a bit. Done, no longer a stub, I think.
Shopping list (articles to edit)
- (teaching) Check vocabulary for code. French: code vs codage; here using en:code for fr:codage; what's the en for fr:code ? "uniquely decodable" still applies to a fr:codage instead of directly to a fr:code, which would be simpler. Need to find refs for usual practices. Not done
- (teaching) Nicer prefix proof at Kraft's inequality: Done. Maybe wrangle McMillan later. Not done
- (misc) Arithmetico-geometric sequence does not cover what I would expect. / Actually, it's covered in Linear difference equation. Nothing to do. Done
- (misc) Vandermonde's identity#Generalized Vandermonde's identities: added beautiful, more general version of identity. Done It's obviously correct, but I can't find a reference. Seems that somebody else was looking for a ref and failed: http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/1131450/generalized-vandermondes-identity. Not done
- (misc) Perhaps expand a bit the proof of Nicomachus's theorem. Done
- (misc) Iverson bracket undefined cases? Proper definition for 'strongly 0'? Reworked. Done
- (misc) Geometric progression and Geometric series are incredibly stinky messes. Dare I touch them ungloved? Not done
- (misc) Ant on a rubber rope; Knuth references? Not done
- (misc) Mean time between failures. General formulae? Done
- (misc) Bayes' theorem: improve a bit Partly done.
- (misc) Proof_by_contradiction#Relationship_with_other_proof_techniques; improve; added Proof_by_contradiction#rel. Partly done
- (misc) Mean_time_between_failures#MTBF_of_networks_of_components: contributed network formulae Done.
- (misc) Arithmetico-geometric sequence: improved. Done.
Shopping list (meta)
Turns out, it doesn't handle macros well. My existing documents depend heavily on them. Alternatives? Simple macros work fine. Done
- See if there is really no way to define LaTeX macros across an article; User:Gamall_Wednesday_Ida/sandbox. Seems not, but might ask someone knowledgeable sometime. Not done
- Notifications for unsigned template : Template talk:Unsigned.
- Talk:The Wall Street Journal#WSJ Controversy Disagreement about reliability of sources and neutrality of article section. 19:24, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Talk:Louis_Kronenberger. Disagreement on contents; have alerted other party to request for first-level, 3rd-party mediation. 21:57, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Talk:British Somaliland. Disagree on what states today are part of the territory. 20:51, 18 August 2017 (UTC)