From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I try to keep the following queries and advice in mind as I work here on wiki:
Working on Wikipedia
The Four-way test from Rotary International
- Is it the truth? (April 1 foolery excepted)
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better relationships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Working with Wikipedians
Queries from the Religious Society of Friends
- Do I approach others with respect and concern?
- Am I concerned with community and its needs?
- Am I an agent for tolerance and acceptance?
- Can I forgive others easily?
- Is there harmony between what I believe and how I act?
- Be open and warmly welcoming, not insular,
- Be focused singlemindedly on writing an encyclopedia, not on Usenet-style debate,
- Recognize and praise the best work, work that is detailed, factual, well-informed, and well-referenced,
- Work to understand what neutrality requires and why it is so essential to and good for this project,
- Treat your fellow productive, well-meaning members of Wikipedia with respect and good will,
- Attract and honor good people who know a lot and can write about it well, and
- Show the door to trolls, vandals, and wiki-anarchists, who if permitted would waste your time and create a poisonous atmosphere here.
gracious thanks to Bcorr.