|Born||2 August 2009|
|Education||Technische Hochschule Hannover|
|people, places, performances|
quality article improvement
Did you know ...
- ... that Wolfgang Rennert conducted world premieres of operas, of Louise Talma's Die Alkestiade at the Frankfurt Opera, and of Rainer Kunad's Sabellicus at the Staatsoper Berlin, then in East Berlin?
- ... that Bach composed the cantata Tönet, ihr Pauken! Erschallet, Trompeten! to honor Maria Josepha of Saxony (pictured) on her birthday on 8 December 1733?
- ... that the baritone Johannes Hill was the voice of Jesus and Pilate in Bach's Passions, and of Pope Francis in the premiere of Laudato si'?
- ... that Bedford Presbyterian Church, said to have excellent acoustics, has hosted concerts such as Bach's Mass in B minor and Britten's Saint Nicolas?
- ... that Andreas Bauer has appeared in bass roles such as Mozart's Sarastro, Verdi's Philipp II of Spain, and Wagner's Marke, but also as Bluebeard and Ibn-Hakia?
- ... that Hans-Joachim Schulze introduced 226 Bach cantatas in weekly broadcasts on Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk over a five-year period?
- ... that Lula Mysz-Gmeiner, a contralto and influential voice teacher from Transylvania, performed lieder written for her by Max Reger and other prominent contemporaries?
- ... that Ignaz Kirchner and Gert Voss often played opposite each other at the Vienna Burgtheater, in roles such as Shakespeare's Antonio and Shylock, and Tabori's Goldberg and Mr. Jay?
- ... that Camille Saint-Saëns composed the Messe de Requiem in memory of his friend and patron, Albert Libon, and conducted the first performance in 1878 at Saint-Sulpice in Paris?
- ... that Günther Morbach appeared in more than 180 operatic bass roles, including Mozart's Sarastro in the new Opernhaus Dortmund and in a Harald Weiss world premiere at the Staatstheater Braunschweig?
- ... that the complete Psalm 131 and the first verse of Psalm 133 in Hebrew comprise the text of the last movement of Chichester Psalms by Leonard Bernstein?
- ... that Antonio Vivaldi composed three settings of Dixit Dominus, each an extended setting of the vespers psalm for five soloists, choir, and orchestra, and one even for double choir?
- ... that Udo Zimmermann composed two operas about the resistance group White Rose, one while he was a student?
- ... that Harry Kupfer, the stage director at the Komische Oper Berlin for decades, presented Wagner's Der fliegende Holländer at the 1978 Bayreuth Festival as a psychological drama?
- ... that Praeludium, a 1992 composition by Graham Waterhouse, has been described as a "dramatic concert piece"?
- ... that following the July Revolution in France, Heinrich Heine wrote there a history of emancipation in Germany, beginning with Luther's Reformation?
- ... that Max Reger composed 20 Responsories in English for use in the American Lutheran church, although he did not speak English?
- ... that in his opera Tri sestry (Three Sisters), composer Péter Eötvös wants the three sisters from Chekhov's play to be sung by countertenors?
- ... that the Überwasserkirche, a Gothic hall church in Münster, was the location of the second of three sermons held in 1941 by Bishop Clemens August Graf von Galen in defiance of the Nazi regime?
- ... that in his Berceuse, Chopin created a lullaby for piano in 16 continuous variations on an ostinato ground bass?
- ... that Claude Debussy dedicated a piano piece to Yvonne Lerolle in 1894, and included it in his suite Pour le piano in 1901?
- ... that Psalm 84 about God's lovely dwellings was set to music by Heinrich Schütz, by Brahms in the centre of Ein deutsches Requiem, and as Wilhelm Kempff's Op. 1?
- ... that Charles Wood's ''Magnificat and Nunc dimittis in D'' has been regarded as an "epitome of Church of England worship"?
- ... that Richard Strauss's art song "Freundliche Vision" describes a waking dream?b
- ... that the mezzo-soprano Carla Henius performed in the premiere of Luigi Nono's Intolleranza 1960 at La Fenice, and had a composition by Dieter Schnebel written for her voice?
- ... that Sara Hershkowitz, who usually appears on the opera stage as the Queen of the Night and Zerbinetta, parodied Donald Trump in Ligeti's Mysteries of the Macabre at the Lowlands Festival?
- ... that on 12 April 1945, a white flag was hung from the tower of the Große Kirche Aplerbeck (pictured), one of two churches after the same design by Christian Heyden, to signal capitulation?
- ... that Hilmar Hoffmann, who wanted "culture for all", initiated a 15-museum complex in Frankfurt, including the first independent Jewish museum in postwar Germany?
- ... that Andreas Großmann commissioned the oratorio Laudato si' for the 50th anniversary of the Catholic Diocese of Limburg's church music department, which he heads?
- ... that Orgelbau Mebold built a new organ in St. Martin, Idstein, in 2006, which has attracted organists such as Kalevi Kiviniemi and Matthias Eisenberg to perform there?
- ... that Katharina Magiera, a member of the Frankfurt Opera, has appeared as Lisa, a former SS officer in Auschw‘itz, in Weinberg's opera The Passenger?
- ... that in Handel's Messiah, Part II contains the famous Hallelujah Chorus and the oratorio's longest movement, the air for alto He was despised?
- ... that Bach used music of thanks from his cantata Wir danken dir, Gott, wir danken dir, BWV 29, for his final Dona nobis pacem (Grant us peace)?
|Psalm 149 (Sing a new song)||1 Jan||no||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890)|
|Freundliche Vision||2 Jan||25 Jan||EU10k GAN 25 Jan, GA by Figureskatingfan 16 Sep|
|Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten, BWV 202||26 Jan||de++||expand (2012, by Dr. Blofeld) thinking of a wedding anniversary EU10k on 15 Oct, and another one 2 Jan|
|O Herr, mache mich zum Werkzeug deines Friedens (Hessenberg)||9 Jan||EU10k on a birthday|
|Der 100. Psalm||y||de||EU10k FAC 5 Nov, FA 30 Nov, TFA 9 Jan 2018|
|Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist||15 Jan||y||de+||expand (2011) EU10k GAN 14 Feb 2017, review by Yash! 25 Apr, GA 6 May|
|Psalm 130 (Out of the deep)||18 Jan||de++||exp (2007 by Kasarjan) in memory of Dreadstar|
|Psalm 84 (How lovely is your dwelling place)||22 Feb||21 Apr||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890), GAN 11 Mar in memory, review by Farang Rak Tham 31 March, GA 17 Apr|
|Zofia Posmysz||5 Mar||16 Mar||de++||111 expand (2015 by Edison) with Poeticbent|
|Große Kirche Aplerbeck||8 Mar||4 Apr||de||EU10k|
|Nänie||11 Mar||EU10k expand (2006 by Matt Gies)|
|Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen, BWV 56||y||de++||expand (2006 by Dgies), FAC 6 Apr, archived 12 Jun|
|Walter Fink||RD 15 Apr||de||EU10k RIP 13 Apr 2018|
|Die Zeit, die Tag und Jahre macht, BWV 134a||12 Jun||y||de++||expand (2010) EU10k GA nom 2 Sep, GA by Ritchie 18 Sep, FAC 4 Oct, FA 8 Nov, TFA 1 Jan 2019|
|Dreikönigskirche, Frankfurt||1 Jul||nom||de++||expand (2013 by MrHistorianDude) EU10k|
|O Ewigkeit, du Donnerwort, BWV 60||(25 Nov 2017)||y||de++||expand (2010) reformation, GA nom 26 Nov 2018, review by Stedil 25 Jul, GA 23 Sep|
|Ich lasse dich nicht, du segnest mich denn, BWV 157||28 Jul||nom||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k|
|Claus Leininger||6 Aug||DYK||de||EU10kh|
|13 Anniversaries||25 Aug||nom||Bernstein's centenary|
|Inge Borkh||29 Aug||RD 30 Aug||de++||146 expand (2006 by Fnarf999) EU10k RIP 26 August 2018, expand further with Ipigott|
|Linz State Theatre||1 Sep||nom||de++||expand stub EU10k|
|Wilhelm Kempf (bishop)||25 Sep||DYK||de||EU10k|
|Henri Hinrichsen||12 Oct||DYK||de+||EU10k|
|Wolfgang Rennert||13 Oct||14 Dec||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Psalm 45 (My heart is inditing a good matter)||19 Oct||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Sozusagen grundlos vergnügt||21 Oct||nom||EU10k song for a birthday|
|Psalm 46 (God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.)||26 Oct||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Gert Westphal||27 Oct||nom||de++||EU10k died 10 Nov|
|Unionskirche, Idstein||30 Oct||y||de++||expand reformation EU10k|
|Limburger Domsingknaben||1 Nov||nom||de+||expand (2005 by IP) EU10k|
|Hans-Joachim Schulze||2 Nov||3 Dec||de++||EU10k bday 3 Dec|
|Die Einsamkeit der Krokodile||3 Nov||de||EU10k|
|Mache dich, mein Geist, bereit, BWV 115||4 Nov||y||de++||expand (2012) EU10k|
|Andreas Bauer (bass)||5 Nov||4 Dec||EU10k|
|Vision of Lear||6 Nov||DYK||EU10k|
|Sylke Zimpel||7 Nov||151 EU10k|
|Qerim Sadiku||8 Nov||DYK||de+||EU10k begun by 1l2l3k|
|Weiße Rose (opera)||9 Nov||de+||expand (2008 by Nrswanson) EU10k|
|Luther Monument||10 Nov||de||redirect EU10k|
|Psalm 102 (Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.)||11 Nov||de++||expand expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Perferens and Yoninah|
|Tönet, ihr Pauken! Erschallet, Trompeten! BWV 214||12 Nov||8 Dec||de++||expand (2006 by Dedalus) EU10k for 8 Dec, GAN 16 Nov, GA review by The Rambling Man 21 November, GA 1 Dec|
|Bedford Presbyterian Church (New York)||13 Nov||6 Dec||St. Nicholas|
|Phantasy Quartet||14 Nov||9 Dec|
|Poèmes pour Mi||15 Nov||nom||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Zu den heiligen Engeln||16 Nov||DYK||de||EU10k del? by Fram, k 30 Nov|
|Jean-Claude Zehnder||17 Nov||nom||de++||EU10k|
|Cecilia, vergine romana||18 Nov||22 Nov||fr+||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Bieling Architekten||19 Nov||nom||de||EU10k|
|Der Himmel dacht auf Anhalts Ruhm und Glück, BWV 66a||20 Nov||de++||expand (2013 by Nikkimaria) EU10k 10 Dec|
|Goldberg Variations (play)||21 Nov||nom||EU10k started by Ipigott|
|Michael Robinson (rabbi)||22 Nov||nom||Thanksgiving, with Yoninah|
|St. Bonifatius, Kassel||23 Nov||DYK||de||EU10k|
|Eugène de Mirecourt||24 Nov||nom||fr++||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, BWV 140||25 Nov||y||de++||expand (2005 by Wahoofive) EU10k|
|Helmut Lachenmann||26 Nov||de+||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k bday 27 Nov|
|St. Nikolai, Kiel||28 Nov||DYK||de++||EU10k|
|Mouvement (- vor der Erstarrung)||29 Nov||fr+||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Mutsumi Hatano||30 Nov||152 Asian month|
|Carsten Koch (musician)||1 Dec||nom||EU10k|
|Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland||2 Dec||nom||de++||expand (2010 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k, GAN 13 Dec|
|Introduction, Passacaglia and Fugue||4 Dec||nom||EU10k on a bday|
|Saint Nicolas (Britten)||5 Dec||expand (2004 by SteinbDJ)|
|Jauchzet, frohlocket! BWV 248 I||6 Dec||nom||EU10k 25 Dec|
|Psalm 24||7 Dec||nom||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) EU10k with Yoninah|
|Wie soll ich dich empfangen||8 Dec||y||de++||expand EU10k the day we sing it|
|Fröhlich soll mein Herze springen||9 Dec||nom||redirect EU10k 24 Dec|
|Schloss Köthen||10 Dez||nom||de++||expand (2013 by Fadesga) EU10k with Vami IV and Thoughtfortheday|
|Louise Talma||11 Dec||expand 154 EU10k|
|Rainer Kunad||12 Dec||de||expand EU10k|
|Weihnachtslieder, Op. 8 (Cornelius)||13 Dec||nom||EU10k 6 Jan|
|Kündlich groß ist das gottselige Geheimnis||14 Dec||EU10k|
|Laßt uns sorgen, laßt uns wachen, BWV 213||15 Dec||y||de++||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k|
|O Heiland, reiß die Himmel auf||16 Dec||y||de++||expand (2016)|
|Wolfgang Unger||17 Dec||nom||de||EU10k bday 31 Dec|
|Fallt mit Danken, BWV 248 IV||Dec||nom||EU10k 1 Jan|
|Nun liebe Seel, nun ist es Zeit||Dec||nom||EU10k 2 Jan|
|Macht hoch die Tür||23 Dec||y||de++||expand|
|Kommet, ihr Hirten||Dec||nom||de||EU10k|
|Quempas||Dec||de++||expand (2013 by Rigadoun) EU10k|
|Kiedricher Chorbuben||nom||de||redirect EU10k|
|Landestheater Detmold||nom||de||expand stub EU10k|
|Lydia Steier||nom||154 EU10k|
|Psalm 58||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) EU10k with Yoninah|
|Draft:Megan Marie Hart||nom||expand (2017 by SRomero) 155 EU10k|
|Psalm 51||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) EU10k with Yoninah|
|Psalm 96 (Sing unto the Lord a new song)||1 Jan||nom||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Sicut cervus (Palestrina)||nom|
|Siegburg||nom||de++||expand (2004) EU10k|
|Patrick Lange (conductor)||nom||de+||EU10k|
|Begleitmusik zu einer Lichtspielszene||nom||||EU10k|
Jörg Herchet ··· La Belle et la Bête (opera) · Biblical criticism · Serge Blanc (violinist) · Piano Sonata No. 2 (Chopin) p · Franz Schubert ps · Donald Trump baby balloon ps · City of New York (1885 ship) ps · Pierre Boulez ps · Jadwiga Szamotulska · Rachel Brown (flautist) · Double Concerto (Henze) · Mindia · Scherzo (Stravinsky)
nominated: 13 · open: 0 · appeared: 13 · pictured: 4 · stats: 4
Known unto God p · Wilfrid Butt · Raising hands · The Nature of Prejudice · Shepherd's Pipe Carol · Siren reticulata · Sakina Aliyeva · Roger Norman Sainsbury p (200) · Optically stimulated luminescence thermochronometry p · David Hughson q · Mamie Garvin Fields · Macrozamia riedlei p · Library of Alexandria p · Kilbroney Park p · Agnes Ballard p · Eliza Hamilton Dunlop · Temulji Bhicaji Nariman · Acacia shirleyi p (190) ·· Ugaritic texts p · Stroe Leurdeanu p · Ramsen (card game) p · Thus have I heard · Lady Juliana (Agra) · Helen Hays (ornithologist) p · David Bennett (opera director) · Molly Morgan · Mark Judge (writer) q · University of Reading War Memorial p · The Bar-Steward Sons of Val Doonican (180, for more see archive)
reviewed: 207 · open: 17 · appeared: 185 · closed: 3 · w: 2 · pictured: 34 · quirky: 16 · stats: 30
Rosalie Housman · Raymond Arritt (Shock Brigade Harvester Boris) ·· Saturday Zoo · Luitpoldpark · Kelly M. Quintanilla · Alma Mahler s · Innocent Victims · John Johnson (architect, born 1807) · Forty Five Hundred Times
Benty Grange helmet FAC · SMS Schlesien FAC · Lynchburg Sesquicentennial half dollar FAC ·· Killdeer FAC · Hector Berlioz FAC · Ludwigsburg Palace FAC · Shergar · The Princesse de Broglie · Biblical criticism FAC a PR · The Cloisters PR · SMS Elsass · Papal conclave, March 1605 PR · Nicholas Hoult · Claude Debussy TFA 22 Aug PR · North Cascades National Park · St Donat's Castle · Monterey Bay Aquarium FAC a · Osbert Lancaster · Eliza Acton · Bill McCann · SMS Pommern · Pioneer Helmet
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Quality Article Improvement
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Germany · Interview · Signpost 2014-04-02 Project Germany · DYK
- ill · German Culture
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Editor Retention
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Freedom of speech
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Opera · DYK · I love opera
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women · Women in Red · showcase
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Classical music · participants
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Composers
- Europe/The 10,000 Challenge
- Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates
- to be remembered: sing sung song play on · sehr schön, beide · arca · moar impact · thought of you today · women disobey · duck no attack · · · are we?