I'm an assistant professor in biomechanics, specializing in animal locomotion. My prior work has focused on arboreal snake locomotion, sidewinding and power amplification in frog jumping.
On Wikipedia, I try to contribute specialized knowledge from my areas of expertise in what little spare time I have. I'll often add long blocks of text, entirely new pages, or perform major re-writes. I frequently forget references, or add them in incorrect formats, so anyone is encouraged to fill in those omissions (as I may simply forget to come back and add them). It should generally be assumed that I don't know the right formatting for just about anything, and am just here to perform "brain dumps" for the sake of spreading information.
Please bug me about fixes/re-writes I've said I'll do on various talk pages "when I'm less busy". Unless it makes it into my "to do" list, I'll probably forget (and possibly even then), and I would appreciate reminders, even if I can't act on them immediately.
I am also the creator of WikiProject_Organismal_Biomechanics
To Do List
Fix errors in Stretch_shortening_cycle
Fix references in Arboreal locomotion
Fix origins and insertions of erector spinae
Add twitch and tetanus to muscle contraction
Add either a flight section to bat or a whole bat flight page
Muscle embryology very poorly laid out. Especially fix hypaxial and epaxial.
Anatomy as a whole needs to be less human-centric.
Hyoid is far, far too human-centric - major re-write.
Crocodilian_armor Needs to be massively revised. May be stolen in whole from old book.
Aquatic_adaptation is just terrible and needs a complete re-write.
Merge Human_anatomical_terms and Anatomical_terms_of_location, with a massive/major re-write.
Merge Leg and Limb_(anatomy)
Continue revision of muscle and skeletal muscle
Add entire page for On Growth & Form
Add images to arciferal and firmisternal
Merge Human anatomy, human body and body systems
Pages created or completely re-written
- in vitro muscle testing
- Arboreal locomotion
- Work Loop
- Blue tegu
- snake skull
- Pelvic spur
Tools & References
Reference format tool using pubmed ID etc. []
Frequent references: Pough's herpetology text:  Pough's vertebrate life text:  Lieber's muscle text:  Biewener's animal locomotion:  Kardong's vertebrate anatomy text:  McMahon's muscle text: 
- Pough et al. 1992. Herpetology: Third Edition. Pearson Prentice Hall:Pearson Education, Inc., 2002.
- Pough, F. Harvey et al. 2002. Vertebrate Life, 6th Ed. Prentice Hall Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ. ISBN 0130412481
- Lieber, R. L. 2002. Skeletal Muscle Structure, Function, and Plasticity: The Physiological Basis of Rehabilitation, 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, ISBN 978-0781730617, http://books.google.com/books?id=T0fbq_b89cAC&dq=lieber+skeletal+muscle+physiology&source=gbs_navlinks_s
- Biewener, A. A. 2003. Animal Locomotion. Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0198500223, http://books.google.com/books?id=yMaN9pk8QJAC&dq=biomechanics+biewener&source=gbs_navlinks_s
- Kardong, K. 2008. Vertebrates: Comparative Anatomy, Function, Evolution. 5th edition. McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math. ISBN 978-0073040585
- McMahon, T. A. 1984. Muscles, Reflexes and Locomotion. 1st Edition. Princeton University Press. ISBN 978-0691023762