Christiaan Huygens was a Dutch physicist with a major scientific influence in the era before Isaac Newton. His contributions to modern science include the Huygens-Fresnel principle, the explanation of the aspects of Saturn in terms of a ring system and a vision of extra-terrestrial life.
|My alternate page JMMuller||My page on the Dutch Wikipedia||on the Italian Wikipedia||on Commons||Talk page|
Recent activities on Wikipedia
- Wikipedian in special residence with eleven Dutch academic libraries, November 2013 - March 2015, 5000+ files, 748 articles edited and 79 new articles contributed by participants, (in Dutch, all institutes). A project of Jos Damen, librarian at the Afrika-Studiecentrum, Leiden (African Studies Centre, Leiden).
- Wikipedian in residence at Naturalis Biodiversity Center in Leiden, The Netherlands, May - November 2015 (uploads continuing into January 2016, 276,000+ files, in Dutch)
- Guinea-Bissau and Senegal 1973-1974 (Coutinho Collection), a project to upload 700+ images for the Afrika-Studiecentrum, Leiden, January - May 2016
- University Library Leiden / KITLV project to upload 3000+ Dutch colonial photographs and artworks, February - May 2016
- Werkgroep Natuur, Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland (Dutch Wikimedia chapter) project to upload 47 files to Sounds of grasshoppers and crickets of Northwestern Europe (Odé Collection). With User:K.vliet, October 2016
- Wikimedia Nederland project to upload 1100+ military aerial photographs donated by Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie, July - August 2017
- Wikipedian in Residence at the Afrika-Studiecentrum, Leiden to upload collections of photographs of Africa made by Africanists, for instance Dogon (W.E.A. van Beek Collection) (55 files) and Robben Island 2015 (Rietveld Collection) (56 files), September - December 2017.
On the English-language Wikipedia I started years ago to work on, for instance:
- Anna Alma-Tadema, new article