Michael "Mike" Matas (born in Seattle, Washington, 23 March 1986) is an interface designer and icon artist. He has previously worked at The Omni Group doing interface and graphic design work and co-founded Delicious Monster in 2004 together with Wil Shipley. He has also worked at Apple, Inc. and designed some of the major user interfaces in Mac OS X, iOS for iPhone and iPads. In addition, he has been listed as the co-inventor on patents Apple has filed.  He later left Apple. 
As a teenager, Mike Matas lived in Seattle. He has two brothers, Sam Costigan and Jonathan Matas.
At the age of 14 Matas became involved with 911 Media Arts, a non-profit digital video resource company in Seattle, where he helped edit videos. Soon thereafter he started a small icons business, where he designed icons and logos for Mac OS X applications, such as Karelia Watson. From the age of 15, until the end of high school, he worked for The Omni Group, designing user interfaces. While there, he met Wil Shipley with whom he founded Delicious Monster in March 2004. Delicious Library was their first product, which generated $250,000 worth of sales in its first month. In July 2005 he left to work for Apple designing icons. He currently lives in San Francisco, California, after he moved from Palo Alto, California. He never attended college and dropped out of high school in the middle of his senior year to co-found Delicious Monster.
- Joined The Omni Group at age 15
- Co-founded Delicious Monster at age 18
- Won first prize for Delicious Library in the category "'Best Mac OS X User Experience" and second place in the category "Best Product New to Mac OS X" at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference 2005
- Held a presentation regarding User Experience during WWDC'05, something that's unusual for someone that doesn't work for Apple
- Joined Apple at age 19
- Co-founded Push Pop Press in 2009
- Joined Facebook in 2011
- Design lead for Facebook Paper
- Delicious Monster co-founder joins Apple interface team – AppleInsider – July 2005
- Mike Matas going to Cupertino – TUAW - July 2005
- The World of Mike Matas – MacThemes.net – March 2004
- Breaking into the Business: An Interview with Michael Matas – O'Reilly Network – November 2002