Profile: Hi! I'm here7ic, otherwise known as Shawn. I'm eighteen, a big HALO fan, a introverted intelect, and a ginormous reader. I'm currently into space travel and cosmology. Feel free to IM me on Yahoo or AIM, (Yahoo: clyclone_505 AIM: jetglitch). Salaam, all!
The Science of Love
"The Science of Love" would be my amatur article explaing a scientific presence in the formation of strong bonds between two human beings. It is as follows: "I present to you, the Scientific Method. The method in which data is observed, hypothesisized about, predicted, and finally tested. Then, after initial testing, the subject is tested again and again, the tester (I was tempted to say Testee) looking for experimental flaws and ways of improving the subject. This process has been used over the ages to explain and discover all of the most profound, most wonderful things in our lives. From vaccines to televisions, the Scientific Method has kept us trying. Even more wonderful than those TVs and HAM radios are the bonds formed between each individual human being. I have found that these bonds can be almost best explained, and perhaps created, using the Scientific Method.
1. Observation - From the first moment you meet a person, you are observing them, their habits, their styles, their personality. You are observing who they are.
2. Hypothesis - Once you get to know a person (usually sufficent after the first or second time you have an actual conversation with them, dependant on length), you are able to draw your hypothesis about them, and your compatibility with them.
3. Prediction - Once you have your hypothesises formed, you can use your newly formed hypothesis to make very logical and possible predictions on the outcomes of your subject. Perhaps, in this case, it is a way to actually predict love. A sort of Voo-Doo fortune teller of love. Except, ya know, real.
4. Experiment - This is it. Putting all of those hypothesis and data observations and predictions to the test. I guess this would be equivilant to dating (not "going out" as that's a superficial waste of time). Be sure, after first experiments, to continue the process from hypothesis to experiment over and over again.
5. Evaluation and Improvement - The most crutial stage. After you experiment several times, and have noticed faults and prospers, try to improve. Keep experimenting and making improvments until you come to a mutual bond with your partner, and are content.
I guess once you have that bond, you're all set. But be sure to keep oiling your gears and fixing your problems. Otherwise... ... Otherwise problems can get bigger. I know that one first hand.
Footnote: As my newest relationship evolves with a certain girl, I have realized that one chemical equation suits us:
H2 + 2O2 --> 2H2O
She (Hydrogen in the equation), and I (Oxygen in the equation) yeild a good connection (Water in the equation). This has many symobolic possibilities."
The original article can be found here: http://tyran-t-briggs.deviantart.com/journal/8153456/
I am an avid digital artist and photographer. My works include: