|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
The user hirak_99 is one of the millions of Wikipedia admirers. He resides in India, with time zone GMT+5:30.
He enjoys reading/writing/correcting science/movies/computer related Wikipedia articles, and takes immense pleasure in contributing positively to the community.
About the user
The user has a prolific mind and is interested in a vast variety of subjects. Among academics, his interests include psychology, mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence, computer science, programming. Among non-academics, his interests are movies, computer games, scientific fiction, chess, and many others.
Wikipedian hirak_99 once used to be a great programmer. He still enjoys writing codes in his leisure time. He is versatile with many programming languages but he most often has used Java, C# or C++ for his tasks. Some of his programs that he is proud of are:
- Find Duplicates - Finds duplicate files in the computer.
- 3D Graph - Renders 3 Dimensional Manifolds given as a parametric or normal function and lets the user play around with it.
- Ludo - A Ludo game for Windows featuring lots of customization options and AI opponents.
- Sudoku Generator - C++ program that generates a valid Sudoku puzzle randomly.
The user distributes his softwares in his geocities homepage, which is located at geocities.com/hirak_99. Link doesn't work anymore: Sorry, the GeoCities web site you were trying to reach is no longer available. GeoCities has closed, but there's a lot more to explore on Yahoo!
Availability for realtime discussions
He is frequently available in Undernet #math channel, by the id KalEl (or one of its variants).
He can be reached through email via this link in Wikipedia.
And last but not the least, just click here if you want to leave him a message through his talk page.
All about wiki
hirak_99 found the following links handy for his usage.
- Wikiproject Mathematics
- Wikipedia mathematics formulae syntax and examples
- Pages requiring expert attention
- Wikipedia Howtos
- Wikipedia stubs explained
- Edit statistics generator for a Wikipedia user
- Wikibooks primer for the Wikipedian
- Wikipedia footnotes - How to use refs and more
- My Wikibooks page
- My Bengali Wikipedia page
Interesting articles and pages
Following are some of the Wikipedia articles which hirak_99 liked.
- Nicely organized list of paradoxes
- Old English vs. New English
- List of places blurred out on Google Maps
- Mobile telephone numbering in India
- Geometric median - Created this page (Appearance on DyK)
- Probability theory - Reworked the article completely (see before and after in Wikipedia archives)