Greetings! My name is Šarūnas, I'm from Lithuania. A retrograde, follower of Haqim al ʾUways mystic path in the Land of Antiquity.
I am an active user of Lithuanian Wikipedia since 2006, one of its main contributors (over 200.000 edits and over 19.000 articles).
I am also an administrator and a contributor of Samogitian Wikipedia and an administrator (as caretaker) of Guarani Wikipedia.
Here I write mostly about Lithuanian villages and other geographical objects, also personalities.
I have graduated Indology (bachelor degree) and Ethnology (master degree). Subjects as Vedic religion, Ŗgveda, Proto-Indo-European mythology, comparative linguistics, analytic psychology fall into my interest area but I am not planning to develop articles on these things.
Many THANKS to all who fix my spelling and grammar errors!
- The one is priceless who is not on sale, - Dainius Razauskas
- अन्धं तमः प्रविशन्ति येऽविद्यामुपासते । ततो भूय इव ते तमो य उ विद्यायाँ रताः / The one falls into darkness who follows ignorance but one who follows science falls into darkness even more, - Īśopaniṣad, 10.
- All wants to go only forward. But I think, today is smarter to go backwards. To look, to search what we have lost. What we have lost with all this "progress". And we have lost so many things, almost everything - air, water, earth, rivers, rivulets, trees, flowers, songs, innocence, belief in all that sacred. It is easy to go forward, there is no need to think, just go with a crowd, with television, technology, compiuters, the USA..., - Jonas Mekas
- Apart from the agglomeration of huge masses in which the individual disappears anyway, one of the chief factors responsible for psychological mass-mindedness is scientific rationalism, which robs the individual of his foundations and his dignity. As a social unit he has lost his individuality and become a mere abstract number in the bureau of statistics. He can only play the role of an interchangeable unit of infinitesimal importance. Looked at rationally and from outside, that is exactly what he is, and from this point of view it seems positively absurd to go on talking about the value or meaning of the individual, - Carl Gustav Jung
More in Commons
- Lithuanian geography
- Biographies of great Lithuanians
- Poets, writers
|Кир||This user can read the Cyrillic script.|
|ع||This user can read the Arabic script.|
|αβγ||This user can read the Greek script.|
| This user has been on Wikipedia for 15 years, 6 months and 30 days.|
|This user grew up in a rural area.|
|تصوف||This user is interested in Sufism.|
|This user opposes NATO|