Swiss footballer Darko Jevtic in the Swiss Under-21 national team's 3-2 defeat to Sweden at Myresjöhus Arena in Växjö, June 6 2013.
|Full name||Darko Jevtić|
|Date of birth||8 February 1993|
|Place of birth||Switzerland|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24:00, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24:00, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Jevtić started his youth football with Basel, played for nearly a year in the Concordia Basel youth team, but returned to Basel in August 2006. He played in their U-16 team and was part of the team that won the Swiss Championship in 2008 and 2009. Later he played in the U-18 team, the U-19 team in the 2011–12 NextGen series and the U-21 team before he signed his first professional contract and joined their first team in January 2012.
Jevtić made his first team debut in the Swiss Super League on 28 July 2012, being substituted in, during the 2-2 away draw against Grasshopper Club Zürich. At the end of the Swiss Super League seaon 2012–13 he won the Championship title and was Swiss Cup runner up with Basel. In the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League Basel advanced as far as the semi-finals, there being matched against the reigning UEFA Champions League holders Chelsea, but they were knocked out, losing both home and away ties, beaten 2-5 on aggregate.
Titles and Honours
- Swiss Champion at U-16 level: 2007–08 and 2008–09
- Swiss Super League champion: 2012–13
- Swiss Cup runner up: 2012–13
- Profile at FC Basel (in German)
- Huligan0/Darko Jevtić on the website of the Swiss Football League
- Soccerway profile
- FC Basel 1893 (2008). "Die U16 des FCB, die Schweizer Meister 2008 wurde:". FC Basel 1893. Retrieved 2008-06-15. (in German)
- Marti, Caspar (2009). "Der FC Basel 1893 holt in Biel das Double". FC Basel 1893. Retrieved 2009-06-14. (in German)
- Schifferle, Michael (2013). "Season review: Switzerland". Eufa. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- SFV (2013). "Telegramm Schweizer Cup Final". Schweizerischer Fussballverband. Retrieved 2013-05-20. (in German)
- Haylett, Trevor (2013). "Basel take heart after Chelsea defeat". Eufa. Retrieved 2013-05-03.