|Search user languages|
|Warning! Extremely out-of-date user page!|
Hello. A few
months ago, I graduated from preschool, with "Number 1 Smartass" (commonly known as a 2:1 grade), in Intelligent Systems - a lovely mix of Cybernetics, Computer Science and Psychology - at the University of Reading. Needless to say, those are my main interests, but I also tend to go round randomly touching women I spot that they need it. I am now, theoretically at least, "job hunting" - so if you have a graduate computing career going spare, drop me a buzz and lets get buzzed ;-D
I'm also active (or have been, and may be again) on h2g2, from whence my user-name originates. Over there I have researcher number 110916, which shows how long I've been around, if you compare it with most people's (although there was a whole chunk skipped recently, so that's not so valid now). You can see my personal space at http://www.h2g2.com/U110916 (although it's not much to look at right now).
Gosh, I thought I'd long ago mentioned that "UTC (or, to be rather old-fashioned, GMT) is local time for me - so if you see my signature with some ridiculously late hour timestamped on it, it really was that time when I made it". Of course that's not true in the summer, because they tend to fiddle about with the clocks!
You're right about daylight savings time though - it's like cutting a foot off one end of the blanket and sewing it on the other end in order to make the blanket longer. - Lady Scott †, remembering a cartoon she once saw depicting this.
Write to-do list(Done) Note: this joke was stolen from the website of a friend of mine (even though the joke is as old as the Great Wall of China).
- Write a proper introduction here, and one at meta, and one at h2g2 and, and...
WriteChip and PIN.
- De-stubbificate University of Reading, where I've spent the last 3 years.
- Check out Wikipedia:WikiProject Universities, to use and/or to help design.
- For that matter, check Reading, England over, seeing as how I live there and all.
- Have more fun with
Twin towns- maybe go through with a semi-bot and add links to the articles. Oh, and check the dates are consistent, too.
- The list of FOLDOC entries could possibly do with a semi-automated glance, too, to see which ones can be marked "no import".
- Write an IRC link bot, cos that would be fun.
- Add lots of Psychology and AI-related articles,
and pretend that they're helping me do my revision because "I'm refactoring the information, like with revision notes" ;-)
- Ooh, talking of AI: write Thet Win Aung.
- Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mosaic (web browser) et al.
- Avatar - the computer senses could perhaps be grouped into a separate article of their own?
- Leeching - serious rewrite required
- Magic number (programming) - we need a better article on file(1), magic, et al.. I'm not sure this is where it'll end up, but it's where the current info is...
- Last and First Men (hugely influential book, which I am currently reading)
- Add more things to-do list...
- Update to-do list, so it doesn't refer to places I'm not, things I'm not doing, etc. :-/