|Search user languages|
I am a neuroscientist specializing in traumatic brain injury and stroke. I am also a medical writer covering wound care topics. I mainly edit scientific articles to make them more accessible and comprehensible to the average reader. I also like writing articles about cellular biology, technology, and biographical articles about scientists.
Articles I have created.
- A respirosome is a multi-subunit complex of the eletron transport chain.
- Prostaglandin E3 is formed via the cyclooxygenase (COX) metabolism of eicosapentaenoic acid.
- Monolysocardiolipin is a phospholipid of the inner mitochondrial membrane.
- Monolysocardiolipin acyltransferase remodels cardiolipin.
- Ceramide synthase 1, ceramide synthase 2, ceramide synthase 3, ceramide synthase 4, ceramide synthase 5, and ceramide synthase 6 are located in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Abortive initiation is an essential process to start transcription.
- The dendrites of unipolar brush cells are called dendrioles.
- Acyl-CoA:lysocardiolipin acyltransferase-1 is linked to diabetes and aging.
- Glomeruli of the cerebellum encapsule the synapse between mossy fibers and parallel fibers.
- Decynium-22 is a potent inhibitor of the plasma membrane monoamine transporter (PMAT), as well as all members of the organic cation transporter (OCT) family.
- Etomoxir is an inhibitor of the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the intermembrane space of mitochondria.
- Myxoxanthophyll is an orange-yellow pigment found in cyanobacteria.
- The mitochondrial calcium uniporter is a major source of calcium uptake in the mitochondria.
- Peripolesis is the process in which a cell attaches itself to another cell.
- Neuropeptide K is an elongated derivative from neurokinin A.
Other science topics
- A Biological illustrator is an artist who depicts anatomical and physiological phenomena.
- A Traube cell is an artificial cell created to study cell membranes.
- The Wertheim-Meigs operation is a radical hysterectomy.
- The NTERA-2 cell line differentiates similarly to neural precursor cells.
- A Navy Oceanographic Meteorological Automatic Device is enables remote meteorology observation.
- Formvar is a synthetic polymer often used in magnet wire.
- The IUCN Red List of extinct arachnids consists only of spiders from Seychelles.
- The Giant cicada is the most widespread cicada species in the Western Hemisphere.
- Ru360 is a potent inhibitor of the mitochondrial calcium uniporter.
- Respiratory adaptation allows the respiratory system to become more efficient during exercise.
- Cécile Vogt-Mugnier was a French neurologist in Germany during WWII.
- Heinrich Walter was a botanist from Ukraine.
- Forrest Shreve's books are regarded as classics by botanists worldwide.
- Lydia Villa-Komaroff was the third Mexican-American woman to receive a doctorate in the sciences in the United States.
- Florence van Straten was a Naval meteorologist in WWII.
- Kenneth Sterling was a pioneer investigator of the mitochondrial thyroid hormone receptor.
- Chief Solomon Osagie Alonge was the first indigenous photographer of the Nigerian royal court.
- Clara Conway was a teacher and an activist for women's education and independence.
- Elizabeth Lyle Saxon was a writer during the American Civil War and a suffragist
- Lide Meriwether was an author, feminist, and political activist in the 19th century
- Jayma Cardoso is a Brazilian-born businesswoman in New York City.
- The Nineteenth Century Club was a women's club that focused on improving public life.
- The Irving Block prison was a notorious Memphis prison during the American Civil War.
- The 1950s Texas drought lasted from 1949 until 1957.
- The Lint Center for National Security Studies funds scholarships for students pursuing career in intelligence.
- The Dagestan massacre was captured on film and was leaked online under the name "chechclear".
- The Macedonia Baptist Church arson led to a civil suit that effectively ended a South Carolina chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.
Pages of Interest
Pages that I have expanded significantly.
- Mitochondrial trifunctional protein
- Neuronal migration disorder
- Gray matter heterotopia
- Ceramide synthase
- Neural coding
- Inner mitochondrial membrane
- Bladder stone
- Penicilloic acid
- Cavitation modelling
- Culture and positive psychology
- Isentropic nozzle flow
- Fitness culture
- Harry Stone Mosher
- Lisa Fritsch
- Helga Nowotny
- Annah Robinson Watson
- Articles for creation
- Neurology Task Force
- Stub-Class Neurology Articles
- Mol/Cell Bio Requested Articles
- Natural Biology Requested Articles
- Missing Articles about Biology
- Missing Topics about Anatomy
- Orphaned Articles
- Dead-end Pages
- Citation Cleanup
- German articles needing translation
- Requested biology photographs
- Feminism Tasks
- Women Scientist Tasks
- Images of medical subjects needed