User:Idewapura/Gregory Scott Newsome
||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited eight months ago .
Finished writing a draft article? Are you ready to request an experienced editor review it for possible inclusion in Wikipedia?
Gregory Scott Newsome is a businessmen born in United States of America. He with his long time friend and business partner Kosala Heengama co-founded Yenom (Pvt) Ltd, a Sri Lankan private company and currently serves as a Director of the company.
Gregory Scott Newsome holds a BBA Degree in Finance with a focus on Derivative Securities and Investments from James Madison University, Harrisonburg
Career as an Author
In 1998 Gregory Scott Newsome published a book named "Soesbook", which provide comprehensive instructions to use SOES, SelectNet and ECNs (Electronic Communication Networks) on day trading. Also it elaborates on rules and regulations which directly impact day traders and instructions to novice traders regarding common mistakes made by them and consequences of those mistakes.
Career In Sri Lanka
Gregory Scott Newsome moved to Sri Lanka in .... and since then has been involved in various large scale business ventures within Sri Lanka and served as a Director in the board of multiple public and private firms during his stay in the country.
Yenom (Pvt) Ltd
Gregory Scott Newsome has been a Director of Yenom (Pvt) Ltd. since it was founded in the year 2005 to date. Together with Kosala Heengama, He had played a critical role in introducing large scale funds to Sri Lanka namely Lionhart and GEM .
Environmental Resources Investment PLC
Gregory Scott Newsome was an Executive Director of Lanka Century Investment PLC (CSE:GREG.N000) formally known as Environmental Resources Investment PLC, an Investment Holding Company for a period of 6 years and also served as a Director of number of subsidiary companies such as Dankotuwa Porcelain PLC, Ceylon Leather Products PLC and DNH Financial (Pvt) Ltd . Scott Newsome and Kosala Heengama designed a funding mechanism that forecasted to raise 44 Billion Sri Lanka Rupees and lead to immense hype and controversy in the Colombo Stock Exchange. As a result they managed to successfully acquire multiple public quoted and private companies during their tenure   . Scott Newsome resigned from the post of Director at Environmental Resources Investment PLC and all its subsidiary companies in March 2013 following a majority takeover .
- Newsome, G. Scott (1997). SoesBook : day trading NASDAQ using SOES, SelectNet, and ECN systems. [S.l.]: YENOM, Inc. p. 275. ISBN 978-0966490701.
- Nesome, Gregory. "Yenom to introduce a British hedge". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Newsome, Scott. "Sri Lanka's Nation Lanka Finance to get Rs700mn foreign capital". Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Newsome, Scott. "Stock Watch". The Island. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Newsome, Scott. "ERI: On a mission to turnaround distressed companies". Daily FT. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Newsome, Scott. "GREG making it work, says Chairman". The Nation. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- (PDF). Colombo Stock Exchange http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/5041364786627_782.pdf. Retrieved 25 February 2014. Missing or empty