|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original page is located at
|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
|Born||Brooklyn, New York|
|Current location||New York, New York|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
|Hobbies||genealogy, Wikipedia, and correcting my wife|
|Joined||May 2, 2015|
|First edit||May 2, 2015|
|Edit count||← click on the blue words|
|Signature||Ira Leviton (talk)|
|They thanked me|
|I thanked them|
Hi, I'm Ira Leviton. Even if I were to try to keep my name a secret, I realize how easy it is to find out, and since I haven't done anything wrong and I'm not paranoid, I make no effort to hide.
|Home (this page)||My Talk Page||My Sandbox||My Userboxes||My Barnstars||My Contributions|
|— Visitors to this page —|
|Ira may be a NY Mets fan|
|Editor of the Week |
for the week beginning March 25, 2018
|Since 2015, Ira's New York focus works at disseminating knowledge and information in all the spheres of the Wiki. Over 43000 edits with 97% to mainspace: uses edit summary 99% of the time. Constantly adding facts, links, references and correcting errors.|
|WP:Typo Team member|
|25 articles including List of hospitals in New York City|
|Submit a nomination|
- I'm the only Ira Leviton in the world.[according to whom?]
- I was born July 22, 1959 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- I was named יצחק מאיר for my father's father,[better source needed] who was born the year after the death of the first Gerrer Rebbe, Yitzchak Meir Alter, and named for him, so I can trace my name back to 1799.
- I've lived in New York City for my entire life and am proud of that. Twenty years in Brooklyn, sixteen years in the Bronx, and currently in my twenty-fifth year in Manhattan. (Perhaps it's time to move to Queens or Staten Island? Nahhhhh...)
- I'm a medical doctor specializing in infectious diseases. I work for Montefiore Hospital and am on the faculty of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- Some of my information, philosophy, and outlook is summarized in the user boxes below. I'll make more user boxes for other things that I think are important... some day. Feel free to contact me via my talk page.
Why I became a Wikipedia editor
I became a Wikipedian to create a page for Disco Freddy as a personal challenge. Shortly afterward, I noticed an obvious error on the page for Hans Schmidt, the only priest to be executed for murder in the U.S. – it stated that he was buried at Mount Zion Cemetery in Queens. I knew that was impossible, because it's a Jewish cemetery, although because the cemetery is still active, I called to confirm that he wasn't there. (Yes, I know, no original research allowed...) After that, I continued to fix grammatical and occasional factual errors that I noticed, add references when they were needed, and occasionally create new pages. I believe in disseminating knowledge and information, and that whenever possible, knowledge and access to it should be free. (I'm not saying that teachers or professors shouldn't be paid, or that students should be able attend any school they want to, or that books should be free, but I think it's always a good thing when knowledge can be created or distributed at no cost.) I add facts, links, and references, correct errors, and try to improve the delivery of information on pages I read.
You can find all my user subpages by clicking here: see Ira's subpages.
- Benjamin Gladstone
- Bertram L. Baker
- Bronx County District Attorney
- Bronx Walk of Fame
- Charles B. McLaughlin
- Charles J. McCormack
- Chloé Webster
- Commissioner of Health of the City of New York
- Congregation Shaare Zedek Cemetery
- Constantin Iancovescu
- Daniel V. Sullivan (New York judge and district attorney)
- Dennis Edwards Jr.
- Disco Freddy
- District Attorney of Richmond County (New York)
- Edward J. Glennon
- Eric Gonzalez (lawyer)
- Francis W. Martin
- Harry Lorraine (English actor)
- Harry Wolff (American booking agent)
- Hilda Chester
- James W. Blake
- Jewish Maternity Hospital
- Johnson Lake (Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska)
- Kings County District Attorney
- List of centenarians (Major League Baseball players)
- List of Jewish cemeteries in New York City
- List of Major League Baseball pitchers who have hit home runs in the postseason
- List of the oldest living Major League Baseball player
- Michael F. Blake
- New Montefiore Cemetery
- Pamela Harris (American politician)
- Paolo Poduje
- Pete Emelianchik
- Richmond County District Attorney
- Samuel J. Foley (district attorney)
- Tina Levitan
Category pages created
- Template:Bronx County District Attorneys
- Template:Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Template:Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Template:Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Template:Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Template:Jewish cemeteries in New York City
- Template:Staten Island Borough President
About me via userboxes
Click "hide" if you don't want to see the userboxes (it's way over there → → →)
Views of this page
- This probably cannot be proven, even if I knew everybody in the world.
- "Index to Births in the City of New York — 1959," New York City Department of Health. (Accessed in room 109 at the main branch of the New York Public Library, Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, N.Y.) Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- My parents told me, so it must be true.
- "Search Our Database". jri-poland.org. Jewish Records Indexing Project - Poland. Retrieved 1 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- This probably can't be proven either, but considering Ashkenazi naming practices, it makes sense.
- "People Search". intelius.com. Intelius. Retrieved 1 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Search for a Physician". New York State — Physician Profile. New York State Department of Health. Retrieved 1 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Find a Doctor". montefiore.org. Montefiore Hospital. Retrieved 1 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Faculty Profile". einstein.yu.edu. Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Retrieved 1 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)