|Origin||Greensboro, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, progressive rock, screamo, post-rock, indie|
|Past members||Matt Clark
Barrow are a post-hardcore band from Greensboro North Carolina who blend screamo, post-rock and indie music.
They are signed to the Label Mayfly Records. Barrow formed in October 2009 and have released two full length albums and a demo all with production/help from Stephen Price. In 2010 they released a Demo of two songs through the music website bandcamp. Shortly after this they recorded Being Without their first full length which they also released on bandcamp in 2011. Stephen Price and Gage Speas (of To Speak of Wolves) both supply guest vocals on this record. Shortly after this was released bass guitarist Tyler Ingram left the band to be replaced by Jacob Beeson. The new line up then went into the studio to create what would become Though I'm Alone their second full-length. This was released on their new label Cleveland Ohio's, Mayfly records. This release was received rather well amongst indie critics.  In late 2013 Barrow underwent numerous member changes, Jacob Beeson left to be replaced by Kyle Case. Matt Clark also left and was replaced by Corey Doran and his twin brother Matthew Doran rounding up Barrow to a five piece. Since then Barrow has again entered the studio recording music for an upcoming split record with the band Oddczar.
Musical style and lyrics
Barrow have a penchant for writing songs with post-rock builds, heavy hardcore riffs and harsh screamed vocals. Zach Tobin's lyrics depict rather dark periods in his life, coping with depression and dying relationships. Their second record however is heavily influenced by Hideaki Anno's Neon Genesis Evangelion thematically (seen specifically in the song title "God is in His Heaven - All Is Well"), in that it deals with themes of self-doubt, alienation, isolation and anxiety. The song "You Can Probably Find It In Norfolk" draws specifically from Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go (novel) which focuses on the transience of life.
- Travis Schuster - Vocals, Guitar (2009–present)
- Zach Tobin - Guitar, Vocals (2009–2010; 2010-present)
- Corey Doran - Guitar (2013–present)
- Matthew Doran - Drums (2013–present)
- Kyle Case - Bass (2013–present)
- Matt Clark - Drums (2009-2013)
- Jacob Beeson - Bass, Vocals (2012–2013)
- Tyler Ingram - Bass (2009–2012)
- Wil - Guitar (2010)
- Studio albums
- Demo (2010)
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2762602 http://musicalmathematics.co.uk/album-review-barrow-being-without/ http://justice-in-eyre-clothing.myshopify.com/blogs/musical-justice/6181000-barrow-being-without-review http://empros.tumblr.com/post/14513428627/barrow
- Absolute Punk: Though I'm Alone
- Don't Count On It: Though I'm Alone
- Tight To The Nail: Though I'm Alone
- Already Heard: Though I'm Alone
- My Endless Minutes: Though I'm Alone
- Reigning Blog: Though I'm Alone
- Rockfreaks: Though I'm Alone
- One Beat: Though I'm Alone
- "Barrow Demo". Bandcamp. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Barrow Being Without". Bandcamp. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Aziz (February 8th, 2013). [www.sputnikmusic.com/review/Barrow-Though-Im-Alone "Barrow Though I'm Alone Review"] Check
|url=value (help). Sputnik Music. Retrieved 4 April 2014. Check date values in:
- Chris (Thursday, March 28, 2013). "My Endless Minutes". My Endless Minutes. Retrieved 4 April 2014. Check date values in:
- "Barrow New Release". Tumblr: Barrowband. December 15, 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2014.