|Search user languages|
Hello, and welcome to my user page. I'm Danny Chia (no relation to the Malaysian golfer Danny Chia) in real life but usually go by Ixfd64 online. You can learn about me and my Wikipedia contributions here.
I first stumbled upon Wikipedia in 2002 while looking for information on QuakeC. Like many newbies, I vandalized the article after thinking the edit wouldn't go through. However, because I didn't know how to undo my own edit at the time, I decided to rewrite the article into a better version.
From then onwards, I've been creating and improving many articles. Having always believed that knowledge should be free, I started editing regularly before registering this account on December 14 of that year. I was later promoted to an administrator on September 21, 2005. Though I'm fairly busy in real life nowadays, I intend to continue improving the project in the years to come.
I'm most often involved in the following tasks:
I edited anonymously under two IPs before registering:
- 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs) -- an my old home computer (no longer active)
- 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs) -- my old high school (edits after 2002 are not mine)
Wikipedians I know in real life
I know a few fellow Wikipedians in person:
- Arabani (talk · contribs) -- Alan, my sophomore year roommate at Cal
- Falcorian (talk · contribs) -- Alan's friend and former roommate Alex
- Mwl (talk · contribs) -- another friend who also attended Cal but wishes to remain anonymous
- MaullarMaullar (talk · contribs) -- Albert, yet another good friend that I went to school with
I also contribute to various other Wikimedia wikis and a few Wikia communities. You can see my Wikimedia contributions here.
Education and work
Despite being born with autism, I was able to enter regular education through my efforts and the support of my parents. I finished my bachelor's degree in Engineering Science at the University of California, Berkeley in August 2009 before obtaining my master's degree in financial analysis from Saint Mary's College of California in December 2010. I'm currently a software engineer at Amazon Lab126.
I'm interested in science and mathematics in general, but natural sciences, computer science and number theory are among my favorite subjects. I also like computer programming, particularly in Java, Python, R, Scheme and Visual Basic.
Other hobbies include computer and video games, lasers and fireworks. I enjoy many types of music, including techno, trance, classical, choral, video game and some new age. I also love to travel; the mountains and the American Southwest are among my favorite destinations.
- Please read the FAQ before contacting me!
- Wikipedia revision size visualizer
- some random predictions of the future
- Ixfd64's test account (talk · contribs)
- ...and (not made by me) is for spambots!
You're always welcome to use my talk page. You may also contact me privately via the e-mail:
- ixfd64 [at] gmail [dot] com
- web form (requires Wikipedia account with confirmed e-mail)
|Multi-licensed into the public domain|
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.|