User:Jalapenos do exist/Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Anti-Semitism
The organization states that its objectives are:
- To promote awareness and understanding of the nature and threat of antisemitism;
- To establish a reliable set of indicators of antisemitism for the purpose of better identifying, monitoring, confronting and combating it;
- To work with scholars of antisemitism – and the leading scholarly institutions for the study of antisemitism;
- To utilise the All-Party Parliamentary Inquiry Into Antisemitism in the United Kingdom as a model template for other national assemblies to follow;
- To identify and develop a range of remedies to combat antisemitism;
- To organise working groups around the indicators of antisemitism.
The members of the group's steering committee, according to its website, are:
- Yuli Edelstein, Israeli Member of Knesset (Likud) and former refusenik;
- Christopher H. Smith, American Representative from New Jersey (Republican Party);
- Dr. Fiamma Nirenstein, Italian Member of Parliament (The People of Freedom)
- Prof. Irwin Cotler, Canadian Member of Parliament for Mount Royal, Quebec, former Canadian Justice Minister and Attorney General of Canada (Liberal Party), human rights lawyer;
- John Mann, British Member of Parliament for Bassetlaw (Labour Party) and Chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group against Antisemitism;
- Prof. Gert Weisskirchen, German MdB (Social Democratic Party).
In November 2010, the ICCA convened in Ottawa for a two-day conference of parliamentarians and experts from about four dozen countries. The summit resulted in the Ottawa Protocol, a document designed to stamp out antisemitism.