I am a Cuban-American wikipedian currently residing in Miami, Florida. I have a BA degree in History from Florida International University, so history is definitely one of my main topics of interest, especially Ancient History and History of Ideas. I also have a big interest in Buddhism, Indian religions and eastern religions in general as well as the practice of meditation, yoga, dhyana, tantra, etc. Other interests include Philosophy, Literature, Indology, Sinology and Religious Studies.
Articles which I've created include:
- Sakya Chokden
- Buddhist Hermeneutics
- Tantric Theravada
- Ugraparipṛcchā Sūtra
- Sanskrit Buddhist literature
- Mulapariyaya Sutta
- Vīmaṃsaka Sutta
- Dhyāna sutras
- Buddhism and Western philosophy
- Kayagatasati Sutta
- Hua Tou
- Tsangnyön Heruka
- Parable of the Poisoned Arrow
I've also contributed some map images:
Second Punic war Carthaginian allies in blue.
Map of the Tibetan empire at it's Greatest extent between the 780s and the 790s CE.
Local minority religions in modern India.
map of the Athenian Siege of Syracuse
A map of the Middle east, Greece and Asia minor, showing the states at the breakout of the first Mithridatic war, 89 BC.
Map of the successors before the battle of Ipsus
- Fill out and/or create several important pages on Buddhist texts and eminent Buddhists including:
- anusaya, 'latent tendencies'
- Buddhist personality types
- Mushin, wunien
- OUYI ZHIXU - http://english.caixin.com/2014-11-21/100753924.html
- repentence ritual, chan hui, ksama
- Abhidharmasāra of Dharmaśrī
- Saddharmasmṛtyupasthāna Sūtra
- Shantideva's Shikshasamuccaya
- Asvaghosa's Saundarananda
- Ajitasena Sutra
- Śālistambha Sūtra
- Bodhisattva Pitaka
- The Moonlight of Mahamudra is a Tibetan Buddhist meditation text by the Dagpo Kagyu scholar Dagpo Tashi Namgyal.
- Prolegomenon to the Collection of Expressions of the Zen Source(also known as the Chan Preface, chan prolegomenon) (Ch’an-yuan chu-ch’uan-chi tu-hsu) - see 'Zongmi on Chan'
- Zongjing lu - see 'Yongming Yanshou's Conception of Chan in the Zongjing lu'
- Jinul's works from 'The collected works of Chinul' by Buswell
- Kuan-hsin lun ("treatise on contemplating the mind") by Shenxiu, see: http://kr.buddhism.org/zen/koan/John_McRae.htm *Treatise on the Essentials of Cultivating the Mind, (Wade–Giles: Hsiu-hsin-yao lun; Japanese: Shūshinyō-ron)
- "Essentials of Sudden Awakening", Zen Teachings of Instaneous Awakening (Tun-wu yao-men) - Hui Hai
- Leng-ch'ieh shih-tzu chi
- Zhiyi's great meditation text of tiantai buddhism
- Thich Minh Chau Vietnamese monk