Tempur-Pedic Popular Culture Mentions
Due to years of advertising, using an infomercial featuring a man jumping on a bed with a full wine glass, Tempur-Pedic has entered the cultural zeitgeist. They have appeared in popular culture media such as:
- Tempur-Pedic's wine glass test was on Good Morning America in May, 2009, in a section about "Truth in Advertising"
- Tempur-Pedic’s older commercials, which feature full wine or water glasses placed on a bed upon which someone is jumping, are often imitated in amateur videos uploaded to YouTube and other video sharing sites.
- Tempur-Pedic was a clue in the New York Times crossword on Sunday, March 15, 2009
- Snow Patrol's 2008 release, A Hundred Million Suns, was described in the November issue of SPIN magazine as being "the arena-rock equivalent of a Tempur-Pedic pillow"
- Jim Carrey replicated the Tempur-Pedic wine glass test in Yes Man (film)
- Tempur-Pedic pillows were mentioned on the Showtime TV show Weeds, in the episode, “The Three Coolers” as being perfect for smothering people, due to their tendency to conform to the face