Hi. I live in Maine, U.S.A. and I study historic carpentry and traditional building techniques which came to America from many places and is a complex subject. My focus is on editing timber framing and the many related topics which are minimally organized right now. Jim Derby (talk) 20:37, 10 December 2012 (UTC) I expanded my editing to carpentry and construction topics in general this winter. I think Wikipedia is getting to be a good place to look for basic construction information. Jim Derby (talk) 15:41, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
Substantial edits and articles
- Post (structural) - new article since the word post is distinct from column in carpentry
- Dragon beam - new article, formerly a redirect.
- Bressummer - substantial edits
- Timber framing - substantial edits
- Rafter - list of rafter types
- Joist - list of joist types
- Timber Framers Guild - new article
- Log building - new page, classified as disambiguation page but is more of an index, still learning how to handle that.
- Cant hook - still a short article but I made substantial changes
- Timber roof truss - added content, still needs work
- Gambrel - added to history
- Post-and-plank - substantial rewrite
- Hewing - expanded
- List of timber framing tools - new list
- Hay barrack - new article
- Norman Wallace Lermond - added content.
I have stopped adding to this list.
- New England Barn
- Layout methods in Traditional timber framing
- timber roof truss