Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jimmy Wales|
- "Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That’s what we’re doing." – Slashdot interview
- "...I advise the world to relax a notch or two." – Slashdot posting
- "Here, we are polite, thoughtful, smart, geeky people, trying only to do something which is undoubtedly good in the world: write and give away a free encyclopedia." –
- "Freedom of speech is critical for all cultures" – BBC News Website
- "To me the key thing is getting it right. And if a person's really smart and they're doing fantastic work, I don't care if they're a high school kid or a Harvard professor; it's the work that matters."
- "[Wikipedia is] like a sausage: you might like the taste of it, but you don't necessarily want to see how it's made."
- Greater involvement by scientists would lead to a "multiplier effect", says Wales. Most entries are edited by enthusiasts, and the addition of a researcher can boost article quality hugely. "Experts can help write specifics in a nuanced way," he says. – Nature special report
- "See that link up there? 'edit this page'. Go for it, it's a wiki." –
- "Mediawiki. It's free! You can run it on your laptop, and you can run the 4th most popular website in the world with it. It's joyful and delicious! It likes ponies!" –