User:Jimbo Wales/WikiProject Wikipedians for Jimbo's beard
|This page contains material which is kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously.|
We are an association of Wikipedians to keep Jimbo's beard. We are opposed to WikiProject Wikipedians against Jimbo's beard.
Anyone who is interested in contributing, please sign up below and post any ideas and suggestions on the Talk page. Also, feel free to edit this page and add any public appearances by Jimbo that need attention to the open tasks section below. The notice board is to inform project members of current Wikipedia events which warrant their attention with regards to this project.
See also WP:DONTCAREABOUTBEARD!!!
- Redwolf24 00:12, 21 August 2005 (UTC)
- Kel-nage - How can the beard go?
- OneHundredAndTwo-OneHundredAndTwo - Dude, keep the beard, it's awesome...
- Splarka (rant) - He might want to join ZZ Top someday.
- Tagishsimon - You can turn him upsidedown and hardly notice the difference. That has to be useful, non?
- Alphax τεχ 04:01, 21 August 2005 (UTC)
- Fernando Rizo - I have already started legal action to have any and all razor blades, knives, cheese graters and other potential beard-shaving devices seized from Mr. Wales' home.
- BD2412 talk 01:15, August 22, 2005 (UTC). Beardlessness leads to shaving, shaving leads to razor burn, razor burn leads to suffering.
- Jwrosenzweig 03:04, 22 August 2005 (UTC) As a bearded Wikipedian myself, I promote the preservation of our unique subculture.
- Amren (talk) 03:12, 22 August 2005 (UTC) Ruggedness is a thing to be proud of.
- Thryduulf 10:35, 22 August 2005 (UTC) (see also below)
- Oldak Quill 23:33, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
- Snargle 23:52, 22 August 2005 (UTC) It looks okay to me...
- Linuxbeak | Talk | Desk 20:12, August 25, 2005 (UTC) w00t4tehbeard. Power to the whiskers!
- --Elysianfields 05:31, 26 August 2005 (UTC) All dictators have beards, even benevolent ones
- Shreshth91($ |-| r 3 $ |-| t |-|) 16:07, 27 August 2005 (UTC) - I'm bored.
- — Phil Welch 04:16, 28 August 2005 (UTC). God Save Jimbo Wales (May His Beard Never Be Shaven)
- Merovingian (t) (c) 02:55, August 29, 2005 (UTC) I'll donate my two chin hairs... someday.
- Andre (talk) 00:48, August 31, 2005 (UTC) I'm a goatee man myself.
- Silence 02:18, 31 August 2005 (UTC) Bearded is beautiful. And, frankly, I'm most sick of the excessive attention the media has been giving to this beard. Haven't the beard and its family suffered enough already? Just let them be.
- Some of the greatest minds in history had facial hair and got away with it. If the beard must come off, it should at least be after collecting the Nobel Prize. JFW | T@lk 22:33, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
- You MUST leave the beard. You Will leave the beard. — Ilγαηερ (Tαlκ) 17:42, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
- Jdavidb 17:12, 7 September 2005 (UTC) I am very much in favor of keeping the beard long-term, as I am usually bearded myself. However, I would respect a suggestion that Jimbo offer to shave his beard in an auction to raise funds for Wikipedia, provided he plans to regrow the beard afterward. So how about it, Jimbo? Why not auction off the shaving or non-shaving of your beard?
- Project2501a 11:47, 8 September 2005 (UTC)
- Abhishek 18:47, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- → P.MacUidhir (t) (c) 10:21, 1 January 2006 (UTC) - If he shaves it, I will call for a general Wikistrike. Power to the editors! Keep the beard or Wikipedia dies! Arrrr... ::wanders away looking confused::
- I'm against the shaving. Didn't Solomon lose his powers when he cut his hair?Rob 16:01, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- I can't believe I'm signing this. I'm supposed to be an exopedian, dammit! But I can't deny the truth: the beard looks good. – Quadell (talk) (bounties) 13:33, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
- I am pro-facial hair. He needs the beard to remain the Chuck Norris of Wikipedia! EdGl 02:44, 1 March 2006 (UTC)
- The beard cannot be sheared! Can't sleep, clown will eat me 13:53, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- Can't sleep, clown will shave me. Thanks for putting that nightmare in his head. Femto 14:19, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- Nuge talk 01:11, 24 April 2006 (UTC)My main concern is that Jimmy's beard is a lot like Samson's hair, and Wikipedia's source of power will be lost upon shaving...
- ThatSandersKid 12:26, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- Strong keep per WP:beArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. --Zoz (t) 00:27, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Who knows what will happen if the beard is shaven... GizzaChat © 11:41, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
- Woohoo! We're beating the shavers. Picaroon9288 02:46, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
- --GCFreak2 18:32, 7 February 2007 (UTC) lol
- This beard is as much a symbol of tha WikiP as the logo itself. In conveys a message of slackerhood we should all embrace. Jimbo, I demand you keep the beard! ReverendG 18:00, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
- The Cult of Jimbo demands the beard remain intact to protect the sanctity of the Deified One. ŞůṜīΣĻ¹98¹SpeakSign
- Keep Beard is notable and uses correct sourcing. Captain panda 02:06, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
- DO NOT DELETE - THIS IS ALL TRUE AND VEIRFAIBLE! I HAVE A GAMEINFORMER THAT WRITES ABOUT JIMBOBEARD ON PAGE 32! Wickethewok 21:22, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
- Speedy Keep Meets WP:V and WP:N. Let him keep the hair! Dep. Garcia ( Talk + | Help Desk | Complaints ) 15:50, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'd want hair on my face too if I didn't have any on my head! V. D. F. 18:59, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- It is imperative that the beard survives. --The Chairman (Shout me · Stalk me) 12:10, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Greg Jones II 00:51, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- If you go against the beard you are assaulting wikipedia. LONG LIVE THE BEARD!!!! loolylolly1997
- Keep the beard, I mean have you seen the alternative.--Sparkygravity (talk) 16:24, 29 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support but only if he agrees to grow sideburns as well. L'Aquatique likey da sideburns. ~ L'Aquatique[talk] 12:48, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- User:Tascha96 for the people, save the beard 23:48, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Keep the beard. They say that beards make you appear wise. And anyways, a beard makes Jimbo look much friendlier! ♣PrincessClown♥ 03:23, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- Keep. Especially since the last fund-raising campaign, "Jimbo Wales" and "beard" are strongly associated in my memory, together with "talent for smiling" and "better than a mascot". If the "beard" tag were to go away, the "Jimbo Wales" object would fall nearly into oblivion, only being searcheable by the other two tags, which are must harder to remember than just "beard". On top of that, the "bear" query currently returns a whole wack of sympathetic individuals, such as "Jesus", "Richard Stallman", and "my uncle", increasing the probability of long-term conservation inside my brain. :-) -- Mathieugp (talk) 22:01, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Samson had unimaginable power when he had hair. Upon losing his hair, his power was lost. Grace Bedell convinced Abraham Lincoln to grow whiskers (an archaic term for a beard). He was elected to presidency and won the American Civil War. Chuck Norris has a beard. Enough said. Great things happen to the Bearded Ones. Jimbo Wales is not excluded. I mean, after all, he DID create Wikipedia. Mego (talk) 05:06, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
- Lol! I'm in this camp.. Keep the beard!! ;P -- œ™ 05:07, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
- Jimbo's beard is awesome! —Ancient Apparition • Champagne? • 10:54pm • 11:54, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- I like beards. Especially Jimbo's beard. End of story.
- WE MUST SAVE THE BEARDED WALES! 14:12, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- Whoop whoop pull up Bitching Betty | Averted crashes 01:23, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- Please don't shave... He looks more sophisticated with a beard. Agent 78787 (talk) 02:50, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Keep The Beard! though if you do shave it you could sell it as a to raise funds. Thus Spake Lee Tru. 15:08, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Research has proven that men with beards are perceived as more trustworthy. It is imperative, if Wikipedia is going to be taken seriously as a source of information, that Jimbo retain his admirable beard. --BDD (talk) 17:08, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- Per BDD. --SmokeyJoe (talk) 10:00, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- Keep it! Pablothepenguin (talk) 19:09, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Keeeeeeeeeeep ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! ProDuct0339sayworkproj 03:25, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
This notice board is intended to inform members of the project of votes or other current Wikipedia events which warrant their attention with regards to this project. Please do not list articles in need of attention here, but rather ideas on how Jimbo should grow his facial hair, current or ongoing events where Jimbo will make an appearance and could make an impact on Wikipedia's image, and other things that warrant the immediate attention of the member base of this WikiProject. Please remove notices when the event is no longer current.
To shave or not to shave that is the question,
whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer,
The cuts and pains of old and rusty blades,
Or to wear a beard against a wiki of shavers,
And by opposing end them? —To block, —to sleep,—
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The wikification, and the thousand minor edits
That 'pedians are heir to, —'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, —to sleep;—
To edit! perchance to improve: —ay, there's the joy;
For with that dearth of facial hair what m:grants may come,
When you have shaved off this trademark beard,
Must give us pause: there's the abuse
That would remove that so long since grown;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of vandals,
The oppressor's wrong, the clean-shaven man's envy,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That a Bearded Wonder must take,
When with his facial hair he himself might quake.
With a bare top lip? who would these infidels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of being shaved after death,—
The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns,—puzzles the will,
And makes us shudder to democratise our faces
Than fly to others razors that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make baldies of us all;
And thus the native hue of Jimbo's chin
Is sicklied not with the melanin of tan;
And enterprises of great import and moment,
Without this beard, achievements turn awry,
And lose the Free software action.