John Mark Francia
Francia in Covelandia du Labrador, Pangasinan on 2011
John Mark Francia
June 8, 1992
|Other names||JM, John-John, Mark, Jejeh|
|Years active||2010-present (as a blogger)|
John Mark M. Francia, (born on June 8, 1992 in Piat, Cagayan) is a BS Nursing student from Our Lady of Fatima University in Quezon City. He contributes in English Wikipedia and is responsible mostly for pages of some Korean artists like U-KISS. To date, he created 30 articles, and is a member of WikiProject for Beyoncé Knowles. Francia is a polyglot and can speak 3 languages Tagalog, English, Ilocano and 1 dialect, Itawes.
Born in Piat, Cagayan in June 8 of 1992, Francia is the son of Linda Manglallan, a business woman and Virgilio Hidalgo Francia, a soldier of the Philippine Army with a rank of Master Sergeant. He is the grandson of Felisa Balinnang, a tobacco dealer in Cagayan and Rodrigo Manglallan, a half-Chinese businessman. He has two siblings, Racquel Francia (1987) a nursing graduate, and Althea Nicole Francia (2011).
He was baptized in the Basilica of Our Lady of Piat in Cagayan. He was raised in a remote area of Piat until they transferred to his father's home in Roxas, Isabela in 1995. In 1997, he attended San Rafael Day Care Center together with his cousin, Lerma Francia, wherein he graduated as Salutatorian. According to him, "...my childhood play was also a bit different. I was not allowed to touch any form of soil so I can’t play with our neighbors. I was not used to interact with others, that’s why I grew up as a man of few words..."
1998-2004: Elementary education
In 1998, Francia was enrolled in Bantug-Lintao Elementary School, a public school in Roxas, Isabela wherein he was admitted in the pilot section. He was able to enhance his talent in drawing when his teacher, Ms. Marietta Diza praised his apple drawing. In 1999, he was awarded Best in Writing by his second grade teacher, Ms. Camus. He was elected as Classroom Secretary in the same year, under the Liberal Party. It was year 2000, when he was elected again as a Secretary. His 3rd grade teacher was Mrs. Eva. During the graduation ceremony, he was chosen to sing one of the hits of a British boyband Westlife, My Love. In 2001, he joined the District Journalism Convention held in Munoz, Roxas, Isabela. He was the representative of the school for the Feature Writing Contest: English Category where he was a second prize awardee. In the same year, he was elected as one of the school Senators garnering the second highest votes. In 2002, he was the school representative in the Philippine Science High School Quiz Bee where he lost to second place. In 2003, he was elected as the President of the School Government, and a classroom Vice President. During his term, he imposed more strict rules regarding late comers. Francia is a consistent 2nd on the honor roll during his elementary days, but in his sixth grade, he graduated Valedictorian. He was awarded also Boys Scout of the Year attending yearly camps held in Camp Samal in Tumauini, Isabela and in Santa Ana, Cagayan. He also got full scholarships for Isabela State University and La Salette of Roxas. His leadership was also recognized by then President, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
2004-2008: High School era
Francia enrolled with full scholarship in La Salette of Roxas, a Marian Institution school located in Vira, Roxas, Isabela.It is the only Catholic school in the municipality and is one of the leading educational institution in Isabela. He was included in the pilot section, I-St. Mark where he met his bestfriends Verna Mae Ologenio, Lhea Venus Duque and Carl Allan Tarun. In 2005, he was once again in a pilot section II-St. Justine under the class of Ms. Sumajit. He joined various school contests like Slogan Making Contest, Poster Making Contest and various dance competitions. He was a cheer dancer for Team Blue Phoenix during the school Foundation Day wherein their team got the First Prize. He also joined Cheer Dancing Competition in the 2005's LASSAA, a competition of all La Salette Schools in Isabela. He also joined the "Leadership Training" facilitated by the Batch 2006. In the same year, he met his first girlfriend with a code name C.A.Q, by which the relationship lasted for 12 months. In 2006, he was under the class of Mr. Ramos, III-St. Thomas Aquinas. He met his other best friends, April Jayme Ignacio, Xander Maurice Valdez, Alona Castillo and Benedict Munoz. The friendship becomes bigger than before. Among the highlights of his third year high school life were the Stargazing, and the Foundation Day.
In 2007, he was under the class of IV-St. Francis of Assisi. He took the UPCAT Examination but failed to pass, however he passes the entrance exams for Engineering in Far Eastern University and University of Santo Tomas. In the same year, he was one of the Top 10 in the Mock-NCAE (National Career Assessment Examination) held in the school. Francia, with his classmates also won in the Sabayang Pagbigkas for 4 consecutive years. In February of 2008, he joined the Retreat held at the La Salette Shrine in Silang, Cavite. Francia graduated in 2008, ranking 7th in terms of Academics and 13th over-all.
2008-present: College life
Francia took up Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Our Lady of Fatima University in Lagro, Quezon City. He was one of the passers for the Scholarship Exam with 75% Discount on Tuition Fee. On his first year in the university, he was dubbed as Mr. Chemistry by his classmates due to his consistent high scores in the subject reaching as high as 143 of 150 during major exmainations. He met a lot of people during his stay in the university, including friends from Ilocos Sur and Tarlac. In 2009, he was one of the dancers in the Field Demonstration held at Rizal Stadium in Manila as part of OLFU's Foundation Day celebration. In the same year, he was given the Nursing Pin in the "Capping and Pinning Ceremony" which certifies students eligibility for hospital duties. Francia stayed in a dormitory near the school under Ms. Matammu, but transferred to an apartment with her sister Racquel in 2009. In the same year, he began to take up duties in various hospitals like Roquero General Hospital and Ospital ng Lungsod ng San Jose Del Monte in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan, Bulacan Maternity and Child Clinic in Calumpit, Bulacan, Payatas Health Center in Quezon City, Novaliches District Hospital in Novaliches, Ospital ng Sampaloc in Manila and a lot more. In 2010, he had his clinical experience in Philippine National Police General Hospital in Camp Crame. In 2011, he had clinical exposure in Mariveles Mental Hospital in Mariveles, Bataan and Armed Forces of the Philippines General Hospital in V.Luna, Quezon City.
On September 1, 2012 Francia took the Comprehensive Examination for Nursing students. The examination will determine who among the graduating students will be allowed to graduate. On September 14, 2012 he was one of the 155 passers of the said examination. On October 15 and 16, he took the Qualifying Examination, a pre-board exam of the university wherein only those passers will be allowed to take the December Philippine Nursing Licensure Exam. On October 19, 2012 he was one of the 124 passers.
In 2010, Francia became a fan of a South Korean boyband U-KISS who had visited Manila. He watched various concerts including UKISS 1st Kiss Tour in Manila(2010), 2NE1 "The Party" in Manila (2011), Intensity Concert featuring Bi Rain and U-KISS (2010) and Super Junior's Super Show 3 (2011). He also watched The Beyonce Experience in Taguig (2007) and NKOTBSB Tour: New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys in Manila (2012).
Francia credits Beyoncé Knowles as his major musical idol. He refer Knowles as the "greatest female entertainer in history". He first saw Knowles in 2001 in a fan made video of Brown Eyes, a hit of a musical trio Destiny's Child wherein Knowles was a member. He was also influenced by her sister, a fan of DC. Francia also cites Jesse McCartney as another idol saying "he has good songs that really suits my taste". He is also a fan of many boybands like Backstreet Boys, Westlife and A1. He also cites K-Pop idols as his influences like U-KISS and 2NE1. Francia says 2NE1 is "one of the best girl group in the world". His other musical influences includes Greyson Chance and One Direction. He also cited Sam Concepcion, the only Filipino singer on his list of favorites.
In Films and Television, Francia cites Judy Ann Santos, Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin as his favorite TV personalities. He also cites Bob Ong as his favorite author. Francia is a fan of various television series, mostly from GMA Network. He cites fantasy and comedy as his favorite genre including Encantadia series, Asian Treasures. He also love to watch eye-opener shows especially special reports and documentaries like I-Witness. He is also a fan of Japanese anime like Detective Conan, Mirmo de Pon and English cartoons Spongebob Squarepants, Jimmy Neutron and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Francia also credits Koreanovelas as his interest after watching Queen Seondeok. He then become fan of various Korean series like The Baker King, DongYi and Ful Haus.
Francia also cites Green and Yellow as his favorite colors, BUM and Freego as his favorite clothing lines and Internet browsing, watching movies and listening to music as his hobbies. He also credits Superman and Spiderman as his favorites superheroes.
He credits a Jesse McCartney song, Because You Live and Beyoncé's Irreplaceable as his ultimate favorite songs. His other favorites are Backstreet Boys' Drowning, Westlife's Evergreen and Flying Without Wings, Greyson Chance's Take a Look At Me Now, Justin Bieber's Down to Earth and Beyoncé's Love on Top, Dreaming and Start Over.
Francia is also a movie collector, having more than 100 original CDs. He cites various Hollywood films such as Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, The Dark Knight Rises, Piranha 3D, The Amazing Spider-Man as his recent favorites. Among the local films, he cites TxT, Let the Love Begin, Mag-ingat Ka Sa... Kulam and Ouija as his favorites.
Francia created the following articles:
- 0330 (GA 1)
- La Salette of Roxas (GA1) - - open for good article review
- Shin Dongho - - open for good article review
- Neverland (U-KISS album) - - open for good article review
- Our Lady of Piat - - open for good article review
- Basilica of Our Lady of Piat - - open for good article review
- Lee Kiseop - - open for good article review
- Bingeul Bingeul - - open for good article review
- Shut Up! (U-KISS song) - - open for good article review
- Man Man Ha Ni - - open for good article review
- Kim Eli - - open for good article review
- U-KISS 1st Kiss Tour in Manila DVD - open for good article review
- Someday (U-KISS song) - - open for good article review
- Kimmy Dora and The Temple of Kiyeme - - open for good article review
- Alden Richards - - open for good article review
- A Shared Dream - - open for good article review
- DoraDora - - open for good article review
- Mallig Plains - - open for good article review
- 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival - - open for good article review
- Benjamin Alves - - open for good article review
- Coño Problems - - open for good article review
- Si Agimat, Si Enteng and Me - - open for good article review
- Judy Ann Santos filmography - - open for good article review
- List of awards and nominations received by Judy Ann Santos - - open for good article review
- Suddenly It's Magic - - open for good article review
- Guni-Guni - - open for good article review
- This Guy's In Love With You Mare - - open for good article review
- I Do Bidoo Bidoo: Heto nAPO Sila! - - open for good article review
- Indio (TV series) - - open for good article review
- Of All the Things (film) - - open for good article review
- Mga Kwento ni Lola Basyang (2012 film) - - open for good article review
- SM City Cauayan - - open for good article review
- Pusong Bato - - open for good article review
- List of awards and nominations received by Marian Rivera
- 2013 Metro Manila Film Festival
- Dar Bernardo
- Infinite (Sam Concepcion album)
- No Limitations (song)
- Pedro Calungsod: Batang Martir
- Darna (2014 film)
- Starting Over Again (2014 film)
- Encantadia (series)
- Amihan (Encantadia)
- Alena (Encantadia)
Other articles (10)
Francia did not create the following articles, but majority of the contents are his contributions.
- U-KISS - - open for good article review
- Roxas, Isabela (GA 1)
- Our Lady of Fatima University - - open for good article review
- Tick Tack (U-KISS album) - - open for good article review
- Judy Ann Santos - - open for good article review
- Sam Concepcion - - open for good article review
- My Lady Boss - - open for good article review
- Marian Rivera - - open for good article review
- Eugene Domingo - - open for good article review
- Paulo Avelino - - open for good article review
- Amihan (Encantadia) - - open for good article review
- Pirena - - open for good article review
- Alena (Encantadia) - - open for good article review
- Danaya - - open for good article review