I'm on extended, possibly permanent, Wikibreak, due to the incident documented at Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Doc glasgow. Everyone was so busy hitting me over the head because they thought I didn't support the policy in Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons that they didn't understand, or didn't think it was important enough to, my basic objection: that much, if not most, of the material deleted did not run afoul of that policy. When it got so bad that I was pounding hard enough on my keyboard to destroy any lesser piece of hardware, I decided I'd had enough. I may come back one day. I may not. -- Jay Maynard 02:23, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Since I wrote the text above, I haven't made any edits to Wikipedia articles, and the world hasn't caved in. I'm just not interested in contributing to the encyclopedia directly any more, because the culture here is hostile to the non-admin editor. An admin can, on the flimsiest of excuses, delete whole swaths of text from an article, and anyone who dares oppose that removal, let alone put the material back, is shouted down or blocked outright. Wikipedia no longer cares about making the encyclopedia right, much less encyclopedic. Its utter disdain for anything other than outright mob rule will forever doom it to unreliability, at the very best. -- Jay Maynard 17:56, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm best known around the Internet for my Tron Guy costume, but I've been around the net since 1989, and have a lot of other interests:
- I'm a ham radio operator, with the callsign K5ZC. As part of this, I'm active in the repeater frequency coordination community; I currently serve as the chairman of the Minnesota Repeater Council, and as vice president of the National Frequency Coordinators' Council. I'm also a past president of the Texas VHF-FM Society.
- I'm the project leader for the Hercules mainframe emulator.
- I'm a member of the National Association of Parliamentarians and the American Institute of Parliamentarians, and hold a certificate as Professional Registered Parliamentarian from the former.
- I'm a serious fan of the Kids' WB cartoon series Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid!.
- I spend a lot of time at Renaissance faires.
- I'm a licensed private pilot, and would like to own my own airplane some day.
- I enjoy pistol shooting, and don't do it as much as I'd like.
Note: If you migrate an userbox I am currently using to userspace, feel free to change the links on my user page accordingly.
|Search user languages|