Greetings, I'm Jodi Schneider, a researcher at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.
- 1 Wikipedia & My Research on Wikipedia
- 2 My Studies
- 3 Other wiki projects
- 4 Comments
- 5 Now back to this regularly-scheduled Userpage
- 5.1 Questions
- 5.2 Useful
- 5.3 G-13's that may have potential
- 5.4 Pending drafts
- 5.5 Things I Could Work on
- 5.6 Things to get someone else to do
- 5.7 Things Not to Worry about
- 5.8 Pages I appear to have started
- 5.9 Other pages started
Wikipedia & My Research on Wikipedia
I have been editing the English Wikipedia since October 2006. I contribute mainly by adding redirects, fixing typos and grammar, and flagging articles that need improvement. Occasionally I'll set out to edit specifically, rather than editing as I read; fun but time-consuming!
Besides editing Wikipedia, I research it, in part through talking with and interviewing other Wikipedians. If you have any questions or do not feel comfortable, please feel free to ask via email, or for public discussions, on my Talk page.
My scholarly interests are in information, people, and technology. Specifically, I am interested in how people share and create knowledge, and how the technologies we use shape information and knowledge production. I am particularly interested in Internet-based and Internet-mediated communication -- both in shaping it with the Semantic Web and in understanding how scholarly communication, peer knowledge production, and social networks are already operating online. You can see more about what I'm working on my academic homepage. Recently I completed my Ph.D. from the Digital Enterprise Research Institute at the National University of Ireland, Galway; my dissertation used Wikipedia AfD discussions as a case study.
Other wiki projects
I am also an admin for AcaWiki, a structured semantic wiki for summarizing research papers.
Please leave comments on my talk page or get in touch via email.
Now back to this regularly-scheduled Userpage
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Wondering how to create permalinks into the LoC catalog in general. Here's one example. http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&CMD=NALL+%22avram+henriette?%22&CNT=25+records+per+page
- URL Encoding
Sources in WikiProjects
- Wikipedia:WikiProject_Video_games/Sources (guideline)
Scholarly Journal Resources
G-13's that may have potential
- HISTMERGE for Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Dara_Greenwald https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk%3AWikiProject_Articles_for_creation%2FReviewer_help&diff=606113490&oldid=606112717
- Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/There is No End to This Slope (Novel) (notability not clear but not impossible)
Things I Could Work on
- Figure out where this math fiction list could be used.
- undelete and provide fair use rationale for File:Finkcommander screenshot preferences.jpg
- Consider whether this should be changed to include the fifth freedom: Four_Freedoms_(European_Union)
- Consider whether there is enough coverage for a National Computer and Communication Museum (Ireland) article, e.g. http://mediaone.kantarmedia.ie/mms3/public/press.jsp;jsessionid=B1C745E1B9F5B438F6B1A530AD4A8D9C?clip=24746572&sortingOrder=true&site_id=684&reqFrom=alert&medium=0&dateSearchType=date&siteId=684¤t=-1&numArticles=0&clipId=24746572¤tPage=1&artsPerPage=0
- Consider writing Free_Lance_Programmers based on ACM Europe Women's newsletter #1 Fall 2013, mentioning them in connection with Blechtley Park 2013 event.
- Create Glasgow Islay Gaelic Choir (avoiding copyvio)
- Consider proposing as an article topic: Physical disability in Victorian England
- Lacom, Cindy. "" The Time Is Sick and out of Joint": Physical Disability in Victorian England." PMLA (2005): 547-552.
- Angell, Katherine. "Joseph Merrick and the Concept of Monstrosity in Nineteenth Century Medical Thought." Hosting the Monster 52 (2008): 131.
- Consider proposing as an article topic: Disability in Gothic literature
- Anolik, Ruth Bienstock, ed. Demons of the body and mind: essays on disability in gothic literature. McFarland, 2010.
- Smith, Andrew. "Pathologising the Gothic." Gothic Studies 2 (2000): 292-305.
- "Edgar Allan Poe figures the gothic as disability..." Garland-Thomson, Rosemarie. "Disability and Representation." PMLA (2005): 522-527.
- Punter, David. "‘A foot is what fits the shoe’: Disability, the Gothic and Prosthesis." Gothic Studies 2.1 (2000): 39-49.
- “Demons of the Body and Mind: Essays on Disability in Gothic Literature,” -- especially Anolik, Ruth Bienstock. "Introduction: Diagnosing Demons: Creating and Disabling the Discourse of Difference in the Gothic Text." Demons of the Body and Mind: Essays on Disability in Gothic Literature: 1-20.
- Hall, Cynthia. "“Colossal Vices” and “Terrible Deformities” in George Lippard’s Gothic Nightmare." Demons of the Body and Mind: Essays on Disability in Gothic Literature (2010): 35.
- "Archibald Craven as the gothic figure of disability" in Holmes, Martha Stoddard. "Crippling Colin: Disability in Two Film Versions of The Secret Garden." Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden: A Children's Classic at 100 6 (2011): 209.
- "In a typical gothic tale, physical disability, such as the loss of an eye or a hunchback, produces feelings of horror and repulsion in the reader." Brown, Alan. "The Gothic Movement." Edgar Allan Poe in Context (2012): 241.
- Write Outbox (company)
- Draft an article about Broadway World.com e.g. at Draft: Broadway World
- Draft:Cynthia Wong - Chicago MD & researcher: anethesiologist & obstetrics (early labor epidural analgesia)
- Use Connecting Women: Women, Gender and ICT in Europe in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Century to improve women in history of computing articles
- women in the history of dentistry
- Enough to source an article on Draft:Beryl Nelson? (Beryl Elaine Nelson, September 16, 1957 Buffalo - October 23, 2015 Mountain View)
- metastatic renal cancer per http://www.never-gone.com/Memorials/default.aspx?m=gLfX5lkoyi1qFxrG80hCCQ%3d%3d
- also lived in Hyderabad, Krakow, Japan (1995-2004) [the last per http://rule-of-one.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/learning-to-see-whats-really-beautiful.html ]
- Draft:Lois DeBakey (Professor of Scientific Communication at Baylor College of Medicine)
- Use this article to identify LIS pioneers to cover: Williams, R. V., Whitmire, L., & Bradley, C. (1997). Bibliography of the history of information science in North America, 1900-1995. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 48(4), 373-379. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1097-4571(199704)48:4%3C373::AID-ASI11%3E3.0.CO;2-
- Check that the biographies from National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science are represented in Wikipedia
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association
- Source Draft:Marion Purcelli
- former Chicago Tribune editor, started as a copy girl in 1949
- Draft:Norman Paskin, via NISO Newsline April 2016
- Topics related to Wikipedia:WikiProject_Resource_Exchange/Resource_Request#Australian_metrication
- Irene Farkas-Conn, http://adi-asist.accessinn.com
- Robert V. Williams (?-January 14, 2017), Watson Davis award from the Association of Information Science and Technology, History of Information Science project, South Carolina info sci prof
- Melvin “Bill” Earl Maron (January 23, 1924 – September 28, 2016) - https://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/news/2017/memory-professor-emeritus-melvin-bill-maron
- Fred Kauffeld (argthry) - bridge between communication studies and philosophy, Edgewood College, commentatory on Paul Grice
- Gloria Negri - Boston Globe journalist, obituary: Indispensable and unstoppable, Gloria Negri was at the heart of the Globe. Thomas Farragher, December 11, 2017, http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/12/11/indispensable-and-unstoppable-gloria-negri-was-heart-globe/l1mlEHkIg8Dp1EFLohqDDO/story.html
- Miranda Lee Pao - Michigan professor of information retrieval, medical informatics circa 1990's, see https://www.lib.umich.edu/faculty-history/faculty/miranda-hsu-yung/obituarymemoir
Things to get someone else to do
- Write Rubrication (USSR), see http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%89%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D0%BA%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B_%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D1%8D%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%B8_%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8 via http://taxodiary.com/2011/03/taxonomies-in-book-store-organizations/
- Improve Brian Campbell Vickery
- Improve Douglas John Foskett
Things Not to Worry about
- Investigate We Rule A7 deletion, via http://twitter.com/fuzheado/status/12412047177 ; are there relevant sources? Does A7 apply to software (not web content)? -- page is there, no indication of deletion or its reversion. A mystery!
- Investigating notablity of Argumentation Service Platform with Integrated Components, aka http://argumentation.org/ , an EU-funded FP6 project, so Wikipedia:CSD#A7 does not seem to apply.
- Improve notability sourcing for Flirt FM
*Eighteenth Century Collections Online *Rain pants *Whren v. United States *CiteProc *John Woodbridge *Constance Aston Fowler *Workgroup (computer networking) *Dina St Johnston *LeRoy Wiley Gresham *Bound by Law? Tales from the Public Domain *William T. O'Higgins *Richard Grossman (publisher) *Bonnie Tiburzi *Yvonne Sintes *Donald Lamberton *I'm going to the West *Claire Kelly Schultz *Grace Rogers Spalding *Phyllis Richmond *The Carnival at Bray *Annals of Library and Information Studies *Allen Kent *The Emergence of the American University *Byron Arnold Collection *Nuala Moore *David A. Kronick *Transgender American Veterans Association *Keith Aoki *Jack Meadows (astronomer) *Naomi C. Broering *Charity Folks *Summer Street disaster
Other pages started