|Birth name||Joseph Tumi Akinsola|
|Also known as||JoeyThaKidd|
2 March 1998|
Pretoria, South Africa
From Pretoria's Wespark area, Joseph was the son of Samuel Akinsola and Comfort Akinsola, a Lecturer at the Tshwane University of Technology, Joseph went to school in Kwaggasrand Primary School and later studied at Elandspoort High School.
Known for his 'conscious' lyrics, Joseph was a member of the NNN Records crew. He was a member of the group West Muzik and The 3rd Voices in 2013, who toured Gauteng before realising his education was more important at the time. He placed third in the JCDC's in 2013 with "W.S.A.P". He was originally known as 'Lil Joe', and worked with producers such as Gussie Clarke, with whom he recorded one of his best known songs, "Not Good at All". He adopted the name 'J.O.E.' (Jah Ova Evil) after suffering a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in November 2009 which saw him hospitalised for three weeks.
- Man From Judah (2012)
- "", NNN Records, 8 February 2011, retrieved 2012-07-14
- "JOE's album out a year after death", Jamaica Observer, 14 July 2012, retrieved 2012-07-14
- Smith, Germaine (2005) "JCDC Popular Song contest - 'Poverty' reaps rich bounty for chanter", Jamaica Gleaner, 1 August 2005, retrieved 2012-07-14
- Henry, Krista (2010) "JOE Bounces Back", Jamaica Star, 4 February 2010, retrieved 2012-07-14
- "Posthumous Album from J.O.E.", Jamaica Star, 13 July 2012, retrieved 2012-07-14