User:John of Reading/Cabinet of curiosities
Wikipedia is a Cabinet of curiosities, especially after vandals have been at work:
- Lomm is a town in the Netherlands. But while typo-fixing I discovered that it has its own laws of physics
- George Mealmaker was an 18th century writer, until someone decided to add a selection of Soy Bean recipes
- Volcanologists might be interested in this simplified version of the top panel of the Volcanoes Portal
- Strange things happen in County Cork - and this lasted for five months.
- The main Contents pages attract all kinds of edits. This one was more imaginative than most.
- My efforts at removing vandalism are not always appreciated
Odd things turn up even without deliberate vandalism:
- When the unlicensed file Shiva.jpg was deleted from the English Wikipedia, a couple of articles automatically switched to the Shiva.jpg on Commons. The result was unexpected
- Can anyone explain the religious significance of Talk:Unicycle Football League?
- Exactly who is "INVESTIGATEop Jones"? April 2013, June 2014
The example alt text and captions from the Picture tutorial should not be copied to articles:
From Louise Fawcett