Have fun adding some content to the historical section in the cargo page. Currently having fun uploading photos from the monthly photo competition into wikipedia articles (if suitable). What a great resource for photos.
Hi, page used to store links , info, etc!
Wikipedia:Manual of Style a good read!
link to wiki commons commons
link image editing hints Wikipedia:Picture tutorial
Example of great photos and great captions kilogram
Sound files added to a wiki page! What will they think of next! Tin Whistle
combining two or more pictures together List of cycling topics
Enjoy adding links into articles. : )
Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in Australian Capital Territory
Interested in the following projects:
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Australia
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Australia/Requested images Images for Australia!
nice photo added
gallery example! :)
photos ready to upload
- banded iron formation
- iron ore article
- government house across the lake photo
- ferris wheel photo
- limestone rock in search for limestone plains
- Hotel Kurrajong a few more photos. Photo inside, courtyard, foyer?
- Gilmore, Australian Capital Territory photos needed from hill etc
- Hall, Australian Capital Territory a few more photos
- Excellent photos in this article Red Hill, Australian Capital Territory
- Yarramundi Reach photos needed done!
- Hughes, Australian Capital Territory photos needed
- Bungonia Caves photos needed
- kettlebell photo of the selection from the gym
- barbell photo of stack of hexagonal plates and rake of fixed barbells
- smith machine photo needed
- Weight machine article needs extensive improvement and photos
- Upright row photo for start and finish with barbell
can update this category massively if things are notable! Category:Weight training equipment
another fun category Category:Buildings and structures by type
Useful sites for photographing in Australia
- Street photographer’s rights - Arts Law Centre of Australia
- NSW Photographer's Rights by Andrew Nemeth - 4020.net
- The legals of street photography by Jane Curtis - ABC Open
Good advice received re photos
Help required (moved out of my talk page. - üser:Altenmann >t 03:22, 28 November 2015 (UTC)) Hi, I'm a new editor. .... I'm at a loss as to how to prove this is a photo of a mixer dance (perhaps a video or a series of photos? or even this photo with a photo of the dance pogram stating (mixer dance) directly under), thanks Johnscotaus (talk) 03:07, 28 November 2015 (UTC) @Johnscotaus: Since you are new, please understand that images in wikipedia are to help readers to understand the subject of the article better, not just to make it look pretty. If you don't know how to prove that the photo is a mixer, then most probably it is useless for the purposes of the article. ...... .However here are a couple of advice; since you are new, please read WP:BRD and don't get into a habit of revert wars. Second, if you want to illustrate a mixer, you must add a picture of the actual mixer, not just dancing, not changing dance shoes, not public clapping. - üser:Altenmann >t 03:22, 28 November 2015 (UTC) Ta for that advice you have made it clear as to what is required. Will take photo of the actual 'mixer' when people are being passed onto new partners.Johnscotaus (talk) 03:55, 28 November 2015 (UTC) Y'got it! - üser:Altenmann >t 03:58, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Don't forget "Articles that use more than one image should present a variety of material near relevant text" links to relevant WP thing a me jibs in text below: What we have here is an article with a significant amount of its text devoted to a physical description of the parts of the motorycle, the details of its components. What goes with that? Detailed images of those components. See WP:PERTINENCE, for example, "Articles that use more than one image should present a variety of material near relevant text. Or see Wikipedia:Image_use_policy#Adding_images_to_articles "The purpose of an image is to increase readers' understanding of the article's subject matter, usually by directly depicting people, things, activities, and concepts described in the article." The formatting is the best approximation of the rules in WP:IMGLOC given the limitations we have to work with. If I had more images showing the details of the components of the early versions I'd include those to to show the changes over time. The article covers these details because that's what reliable sources have to say about this subject, and I write what the sources give me, not what I like and don't like. The picture of a rear disc brake and cast wheels on the recent model? Italic text