Wikipedia:Canada Education Program/Courses/Language Acquisition (Paula Marentette)
Wikipedia:Canada Education Program/Courses/Psychology of Language9APSWI323
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at University of Alberta—Augustana Campus supported by WikiProject Psychology and the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2011 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
I am working on the "Eye movement in language reading" article.
reason for chosing this article
This is a very good article; very interesting. However, it needs more citations, and a little information from reliable sources. I have decided to work on this artile to help bring it to a good article standard. I will add articles or references to support some information provided in this article. I don't think the beginning sentence is necessary, so I will add a sentence describing 'eye movements.' I will also add a little information to the introduction, including citations. The sub-heading, "Cognitive psychology, infrared tracking and computer technology" needs a little improvement, so I will add more information and citation.
1. Sereno, Sara; Rayner, Keith (2003). "Measuring word recognition in reading: eye movements and event-related potentials". Trends in Cognitive Science 7 (11): 489 - 493.
2. Rayner, Keith; Barbara Foorman, Charles Perfetti, David Pesetsky, and Mark Seidenberg (November 2001). "How Psychological Science Informs the Teaching of Reading". Psychological Science in the Public Interest 2 (2): 31-74.
3. Rayner, Keith; Slattery, Timothy J; Belanger, Nathalie N. (December 2010). "Eye movements, the perceptual span, and reading speed". Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 17 (6): 834-839. doi:DOI: 10.3758/PBR.17.6.834. Retrieved November 1st, 2011.
4. Finocchio, Dom; Preston, Karen L; Fuchs, Albert F. (January 10th, 1990). "Obtaining a quantitative measure of eye movements in human infants: A method of calibrating the electrooculogram". Vision Research 30 (8): 1119-1128. doi:doi:10.1016/0042-6989(90)90169-L.
5. Liu, Yang; Zhou, Zongtan; Hu, Dewen (June 2011). "Gaze independent brain-computer speller with covert visual search tasks". Clinical Neurophysiology 122 (6): 1127-1136. doi:doi:10.1016/j.clinph.2010.10.049. Retrieved November 1st, 2011.
6. Tecce, Joseph; Pok, Linen J; Consiglio, Michael R; O'Neil, Jennifer L. (February 2005). "Attention impairment in electrooculographic control of computer functions". International Journal of Psychophysiology 55 (2): 159-163. doi:doi:10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2004.07.002. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
7. wang, Joseph (2011). Pupil Dilation and Eye-tracking. A handbook of process tracing methods for decision research: a critical review and user's guide: Society for Judgment and Decision Making Series. pp. 185-204. ISBN 1-84872-864-6.
|The Psychology Barnstar|
|julietbee, Thank you for all your work bringing Vocabulary Development to GA status. Marentette (talk) 02:24, 16 April 2012 (UTC)|