|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
My languages are English, French and traditional and simplified Chinese, but I speak limited French only. Even though I do not really understand Japanese or Korean language, I can read some Japanese kanji and Korean hanja based on Chinese hanzi.
My website at http://www.geocities.com/jusjih/ was permanently closed on 26 October 2009. Archived versions may be found at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.geocities.com/jusjih but information there will not be updated. A few web pages are being republished at https://sites.google.com/site/jusjih/home . If you cannot use Special:EmailUser/Jusjih, an electronic mail may be sent to:
| jus168jih |
| at |
| softhome |
| dot |
| net |
Please do not attempt to spam as SoftHome considers any such an action as stealing from it and trespassing on its property.
American Customary Units are even more complex than Chinese, Japanese, and Taiwanese systems of measurement, so it is no wonder why it is called "WOMBAT", "way of measuring badly in America today" or "waste of money, brain, and time". As metric is excellent, I would like to say:
- en: "Long Live the International System of Units!"
- fr: « Vive le Système international d'unités ! »
- zh-CN: “国际单位制万岁！”
- zh:TW: 「國際單位制萬歲！」
Since becoming an administrator on 26 October 2006 here, I watch Special:Uncategorizedimages where images likely have copyright problems. Problem images have been tagged per instructions at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion and Wikipedia:Possibly unfree images to enforce the copyright policy. I pay special attention to anonymous edits to image descriptions where vandalism has been very rampant. I have no interest in becoming a bureaucrat here.
Respecting copyright is important, but excessive copyright protection means cultural vandalism. Please visit American non-acceptance of the rule of the shorter term on Meta for more information. Claiming fair use with good rationales is still possible here.
At Wikimedia Commons, I am an administrator since 18 April 2006 and a bureaucrat since 24 September 2006. As I enforce the copyright policy there, I also remove links here for images deleted there. If you wonder what have happened to disappeared images, please note my edit summaries like "- image deleted from Commons for" no source, no license, and so on. My accounts at other Wikipedia language subdomains are generally for image replacement per Wikimedia Commons.
I am also an administrator at English Wikisource and Multilingual Wikisource. Before transwikiing a source text out of here, please try to determine its copyright status. Fair use is possible here but not there.
- Baguashan Tunnel: translated from Chinese Wikipedia
- Ketagalan Boulevard: translated from Chinese Wikipedia
- Sixty-Four Villages East of the River: translated from Chinese Wikipedia
- The Internationale in Chinese: split from The Internationale
- UN General Assembly Resolution 505: created with Chinese Wikipedia article
- Without the Communist Party, There Would Be No New China: translated from Chinese Wikipedia
Others with significant contributions
- 3-way junction: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Anna Mae He affair: got it undeleted and renamed after talking with others
- Crossbuck: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Cycle rickshaw: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Gregorian calendar: difference between Gregorian and Julian calendar dates
- Highway System in Taiwan: added many new sections and information
- Hit and run (vehicular): added Taiwanese laws and judicial interpretations
- Hook turn: added Taiwanese signs and information
- King You of Zhou: translated more contents from Chinese Wikipedia
- Level crossing: added Taiwanese information
- List of countries' copyright length: added better information for many countries
- List of faux pas: rewrote and reorganized Chinese and Taiwanese faux pas with more details
- List of former heads of regimes who were sentenced to death: expanded with a sortable table
- List of former heads of regimes who were sentenced to death by hanging: expanded with a sortable table
- List of UN Security Council Resolutions 1 to 100: filled in all blanks
- List of UN Security Council Resolutions 101 to 200: filled in all blanks
- List of UN Security Council Resolutions 201 to 300: filled in all blanks
- March of the Volunteers: added relevant law in Chinese Macao
- Moral rights: added Chinese, Macanese, and Taiwanese information
- Official text copyright: added list of some countries and areas
- Old Style and New Style dates: added countries once using lunisolar calendars
- Perpetual copyright: added Singapore
- Restrictions on motorcycle use on freeways: added much Taiwanese information
- Semi-trailer truck: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Speed limit: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Stop sign: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Taxicabs around the world: added Taiwanese signs and information
- The Internationale: added Chinese lyrics with English translations and more detailed copyright status
- U-turn (maneuver): added Taiwanese information
- Universal Postal Union: added a list of members
- Voting age: added ages around the world based on the CIA World Factbook
- Yield sign: added Taiwanese signs and information
- Weigh station: added Taiwanese signs and information
Barn stars received
- On 19 August 2007, Hpfan9374 awarded to my talk page the Chain Barnstar of Recognition, the Chain Barnstar of Merit, the Chain Barnstar of Diligence, the Wikipedian's Chain Barnstar of Honour, but these Barnstars were not free and others considered them spams.
- On 6 November 2007, hbdragon88 awarded to my talk page the Special Barnstar for a super awesome effort (calling twice and emailing) in trying to clarify the license of the Lorelei7 images. The manual tag below is copied from my talk page. I have finally got Lorelei7, the same as Lorelei (bondage model), to explain what exactly "My company, Open Mind Media, Inc., has ownership and copyright of this image. The image is provided for educational/informational use at Wikipedia.org" then tagging GFDL would mean. Happily, all of these images are now hosted on Wikimedia Commons with OTRS ticket number noted.
|The Special Barnstar|
|For a super awesome effort (calling twice and emailing) in trying to clarify the license of the Lorelei7 images. hbdragon88 05:50, 6 November 2007 (UTC)|
I never upload free-use images here if admissible in Wikimedia Commons. My uploads here are: