- The Design of Experiments
- Oliver and Boyd, Ltd., London
- A Little History of the World
- Eine kurze Weltgeschichte für junge Leser
- published originally in German when Gombrich was 25 years old, now best known as an art historian and for his classic work, The Story of Art (1950), currently in its 16th edition.
- Monde. Essai d'Universalisme: Connaissance du Monde, Sentiments du Monde, Action organisée et Plan du Monde
- Editiones Mundaneum. Bruxelles: D. Van Keerberghen et Fils, 1935. 467 pp.
- cf. (1934) Traite de Documentation
- cf. (1938) World Brain by Herbert Wells
- Excerpts from Forgotten Forefather: Paul Otlet by Alex Wright 2003/11/10 
- With the advent of the Semantic Web and related technologies like RDF/RSS, FOAF, and ontologies, we are moving towards an environment where social context is becoming just as important as topical content. Otlet's vision holds out a tantalizing possibility: marrying the determinism of facets with the relativism of social networks.
- In Otlet's last book, Monde, he articulated a final vision of the great "réseau" that might as well serve as his last word:
Everything in the universe, and everything of man, would be registered at a distance as it was produced. In this way a moving image of the world will be established, a true mirror of his memory. From a distance, everyone will be able to read text, enlarged and limited to the desired subject, projected on an individual screen. In this way, everyone from his armchair will be able to contemplate creation, as a whole or in certain of its parts.12