This user has retired from editing Wikipedia as of October 2014 and does not plan on returning.
Thank you for all the good times. If you wish to reach me for some reason, please use the "E-mail this user" function on my talk page. Thank You.
|Search user languages|
|Search user instruments|
Kjet, alias Kalle Id, alias me, alias that guy who reverted your edit, alias that guy who can't write "its" correctly half of the time. I'm a native of Helsinki, Finland and as of February 2009 I study history at the Helsinki University, with maritime history and asia-pacific studies as minor subjects. Apart from Wikipedia my interests include ships, public transport, architecture and music. I'm also an amateur photographer, musician and comics artist. In the past I've also dabbled with acting (both stage and film) as well as graphic design.
- 1 About me
- 2 Contributions
- 3 Photo gallery
- 4 To-do list
- 5 Self-glorification (Barnstars etc.)
- 6 Usefull stuff I never find when I need it
- 7 External links
To quite another wikipedian: "Why contribute to Wikipedia? Because it's there" (if this was from your userpage, drop me a note and I'll properly credit you). In ansver a related question I've been asked, "why contribute to the english-language wikipedia [even though you're Finnish]?", I have to say that it's a matter of finding information. When looking for information on various things on the internet, I've repeatedly been foiled by the language barrier; the information exists, but in a language I can understand. If I write an article in the Finnish wikipedia, about 5 million people can read it. If I write an article here, 1.8 billion people can read it—as can most of the people who would have read the article from the Finnish wikipedia.
My very first edit to Wikipedia was the article on Hill (constructor), created in 2005 under a different username. I returned to Wikipedia in June 2006, under this username (having forgotten the password of the original), to contribute to GTS Finnjet, and subsequently found out this place allowed me to combine two of my greatest passions: learning about things and sharing that information, without having to go through the process of creating a website of my own (which I had in fact done in the past). So the list of articles I had contributed to—mostly about ships—grew and grew some more. At some point I joined WikiProject Ships. By May 2008 There was a huge watchlist for me to follow, and my Wikipedia experience mostly consisted of patrolling recent changes and not actually contributing any new material. In other words, it was no longer fun. So on 11 May 2008 I left.
And on 11 June 2008 I returned. Much of the old watchlist went, and with recharged batteries I started contributing again. Around this time I had rediscovered an old passion of mine and now found myself contributing to articles on trams. During the subsequent year or so I was doing quite a lot of research into ships and seafaring as a part of my university studies. After doing "real" research into ships I found my interest in contributing to Wikipedia articles on the subject waning rapidly. In April 2009 I ended up removing the majority of ships articles from my watchlist as I had ceased even looking at the changes made to most of them.
Travels and life
|Spent 7 days or more in:||() ()|
|Visited for 1 to 6 days:||()|
|Visited for up to 24 hours/passed through:|
|Hoping to visit:||( ) ( )|
|Idea and layout stolen from:||Errabee via Sebastiankessel via White Cat via Guettarda via Ëzhiki via Petri Krohn|
Articles created by me and/or feature major contributions from me.
Ships and seafaring
- Ferries: MS Aallotar • MS Amorella • MV Ancona • MS ARV 1 • MS Atlantic Vision • MS C.T.M.A. Vacancier • MS Casino Express • MS Color Magic • MS Color Viking • MS Crown of Scandinavia • MS Estonia • GTS Finnjet • MS Gabriella • MS Galaxy • MS Kongshavn • MS Isabella • MS Jamaa II • MS Julia • MS King of Scandinavia • Maersk Dunkerque • MS Mariella • MS Mega Express Four • MS Mega Smeralda • MS Moby Otta • MS Nordlandia • MS Normandy • MS Oscar Wilde • MS Pearl of Scandinavia • MS Queen of Scandinavia • MS Regina Baltica • MS Romantika • MS Rosella • MS SeaFrance Molière • MS Silja Festival • MS Silja Serenade • MS Silja Symphony • MS SNAV Sardegna • MS SNAV Toscana • MS Star • MS Stena Saga • MS Stena Scandinavica (1973) • MS Superfast VII • MS Superfast VIII • HSC SuperSeaCat Three • HSC SuperSeaCat Four • MS Superspeed 1 • MS Superstar • MS Svea Corona • MS Vana Tallinn • MS Victoria I • Viking ADCC • MS Viking Cinderella • MS Viking XPRS • MS Wasa Queen
- Ocean liners: RMS Caronia • RMS Empress of Japan (1930) • SS Galileo Galilei • MS Kungsholm (1953) • SS Leonardo da Vinci • SS Michelangelo • SS Potsdam (1900) • SS Raffaello • SS Shalom • SS Southern Cross (1955) • MS Stockholm (1941) • RMS Sylvania • RMS Transvaal Castle
- Cruise ships: MV Aquamarine • MS Astor • MS Bahamas Celebration • MS Birka Paradise • Black Watch (ship) • MS Bleu de France • MV Boudicca • Celebrity Galaxy • Costa Allegra • Costa Europa • MS Cristal • MS Expedition • Freewinds • MS Golden Princess (2000) • MS Kristina Regina • MS Marco Polo • SS Maxim Gorkiy • MSC Sinfonia • MS Nautica • Norwegian Dream • Norwegian Majesty • SS Oceanic (1965) • Pacific Dawn (ship) • Palm Beach Princess • MS Princesa Marissa • MS Regatta • MS Rhapsody • Star Pisces • SuperStar Virgo • MS Taras Shevchenko • MS Thomson Destiny • MS Thomson Spirit • MS Van Gogh
- Ship classes: Belorussiya class cruiseferries • Hansa class • Star Class ferries • Vision Class
- Shipping companies: Birka Line • CDF Croisières de France • Celebrity Cruises • Club Cruise • Color Line • Commodore Cruise Line • DFDS • DFDS Tor Line • Eckerö Line • Effoa • Festival Cruises • Finnlines • Hamburg Atlantic Line • Home Lines • Island Cruises • Italian Line • Louis Cruise Lines • Moby Lines • Oceania Cruises • Olau Line • Orient Lines • P&O Cruises • Phoenix Reisen • Rederi Ab Sally • Rederi AB Svea • Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. • Safmarine • Sally Cruise • Silja Line • Star Cruises • SuperSeaCat • Swedish American Line • Tallink • Transocean Tours • Viking Line • Wasa Line
- Ship class templates: Template:Amorella class • Template:Belorussiya class • Template:Dmitriy Shostakovich class • Template:Dreamward class • Template:Galaxy class • Template:Grand class • Template:Ivan Franko class • Template:Moby Wonder class • Template:Papenburg sisters • Template:Peder Paars class • Template:Polarlys class • Template:Saxonia class • Template:Spirit class • Template:Superfast I class • Template:Superfast VII class • Template:Superspeed class • Template:Svea class • Template:Svea Corona class • Template:Viking Saga class • Template:Visby class • Template:Vista class
- Shipping company templates: Template:Cruise Lines of Apollo Management • Template:Former Subsidiaries of Norwegian Cruise Line • Template:Members of Star Cruises • Template:Members of Tallink Grupp AS • Template:MSC Ships
- Locomotive classes: VR Class Sr1 • VR Class Sr2
- EMU classes: Stadler FLIRT
- Rail systems: Helsinki Metro • Helsinki tram • Tampere light rail • Turku tram
- Tram classes: Karia HM V • Valmet RM 2 • Valmet Nr I • Valmet Nr II • Variotram
- Templates: Template:Karia tram • Template:Tram systems in Finland • Template:Valmet tram
- Musicians: Pekka Pohjola
- David Bowie albums: All Saints (David Bowie)
- John Foxx albums: Cathedral Oceans • Crash and Burn (John Foxx album) • From Trash • In Mysterious Ways • Shifting City • The Pleasures of Electricity
- Gary Numan albums: Berserker (Gary Numan album) • The Fury (album) • Strange Charm • Warriors (Gary Numan album)
- Templates: Template:John Foxx • Template:Gary Numan
- Motorsports: Hill (constructor)
Additionally, while I did not contribute any actual material to the article on CP Ships (nor on most of the articles on various individual ships of the company), User:Tenmei has kindly let me known that my comments and suggestions helped significantly in his work on improving the article(s) in question.
Some of my own favourite photographs that I have taken and subsequently donated to the Wikimedia Commons. Due to repeated incidents where picture I donated to the commons have been reproduced in media without properly crediting me as the author, I have decided to stop contributing new photographs to the Commons and related Wiki projects.
MS Armorique under construction at the Hietalahti shipyard
MS Birka Paradise arriving in Stockholm
MS Blue Moon Helsinki.jpg
MS Blue Moon departing Helsinki
MS Galaxy in the Stockholm archipelago
MS Princess of Scandinavia in Gothenburg
MS Superfast IX departing Helsinki
HSC SuperSeaCat Three departing Helsinki
Variotram at Helsinki Senate Square
MS Victoria I arriving in Tallinn
MS Viking XPRS arriving in Helsinki
Articles I've been meaning to create or improve, but just haven't gotten around to it (list mostly for my own benefit, but feel free to make my life easier):
- Ferries: reformatting and additional references for GTS Finnjet • MS Jupiter • MS Saga (1966) • MS Scandinavia (1980) • MS Svea Regina
- Ocean liners: RMS Carinthia (1956) • RMS Ivernia • MS Kungsholm (1928) • MS Oslofjord (1938) • MS Oslofjord (1949) • RMS Saxonia
- Cruise ships: MS Albatros • Balmoral (cruise ship) • Island Escape • MS Ivan Franko • MS Hanseatic • MSC Armonia • MS Shota Rustaveli
- Shipping companies: Black Sea Shipping Company • EffJohn • Far East Shipping Company • Shaw, Savill & Albion Line • Sitmar Line • Swedish Lloyd
- Tram systems: Vyborg tram • Stockholm tram
- Tram vehicles: Valmet RM 1
Work in process
Articles I've started working on but have not yet finished. Again, feel free to make my life easier:
Self-glorification (Barnstars etc.)
|WikiProject Ships Barnstar|
|In recognition of your work on an issue that I brought to light, I hereby award you this. Keep up the good work! -MBK004 17:20, 27 February 2008 (UTC)|
Usefull stuff I never find when I need it
- Template:Infobox Ship Begin/doc • Template:Non-free use rationale • Template:Rfu • Wikipedia:WikiProject Ships/footers • Template:WikiProject Ships Barnstar • User:AlisonW/Rail Icons1 • User:AlisonW/Rail Icons2 • Template:Cite book • Template:Cite web • Template:For
- Captain Harlock • Galaxy Express 999 • List of Doctor Who serials • List of Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined series) episodes • List of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes • Metropolis (film) • The Mighty Boosh • Samurai Champloo • Sparks (band) • Space: 1999 • Star Trek: New Voyages • Valérian and Laureline • Spirou et Fantasio
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to User:Kjet.|
- Thomas Katt, my musician alter ego on MySpace
- Taking Island, a comic project by me
- (in Finnish) Kennyn laivakuvasivut, ship photo website with several contributions from me
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kjet.