Jump to navigation Jump to search
WikiProject Philosophy task list
Edit this list | To do | stubs | Article alerts | Cleanup listing | Category | Portal | RFC | Deletion | Requested articles | Discussion
|Knucmo2 is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
- Too many Userboxes suck.
I was awarded this banal, fake barnstar by User:A Link to the Past. I recognise its status as an accessory and Baudrillardian necessity.
- As a note, the reason for this page is to keep track of the articles I've edited all in one place without having to trawl through my contributions page. It is not, as might be thought to the visitors of other Wikipedian's pages, merely self-congratulatory, though of course, I cannot speak for my fellow editors entirely. --Knucmo2 17:40, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
Pages I have created
- Music - Sonny Criss - Round About Midnight - Gloryhallastoopid - The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein - Frank Strozier - Bernie Maupin - Ray White - Eastern Sounds - Jesse Davis - Let Freedom Ring - Soul Station - The Freedom Rider - Jack McDuff - Jimmy Forrest - Willis Jackson - Ray Copeland
- Forgotten Realms - Velsharoon - Beshaba - Silvanus - Chauntea - Akadi(stub)
- Comedy - Monkey Trousers - Stella Street
- People - Abd el-Kader - Alvin Kallicharran - Roy Fredericks - Gerald Sinstadt
- Religious - Matthew 26
- Philosophy - Michael Levin - Memory bias
Pages I have edited
(severely out of date)
- Music - Public Enemy - List of jazz standards - Wishbone Ash - Sonny Stitt - Red Garland - Frank Zappa - Jazz standard - Miles Davis - Milestones (album) - Johnny Griffin - Art Blakey - Stan Getz - Cannonball Adderley - Dexter Gordon - John Coltrane - Sonny Rollins - Lou Donaldson - Wrongtom - Dizzy Gillespie - Branford Marsalis - Wayne Shorter - Nefertiti (album) - Captain Beefheart - Michael Finnissy - Iannis Xenakis - Brian Ferneyhough
- People - Nikita Khrushchev - William Somerset Maugham - William de la Pole - Carl Hooper - Garfield Sobers - Desmond Haynes - Clive Lloyd - Lance Gibbs - Allan Border - Dominique Wilkins - Sugar Ray Robinson - Friedrich von Hayek - Floyd Patterson
- Philosophy - Jean Baudrillard - Martin Heidegger - John Stuart Mill - Karl Marx - Ubermensch - Hegel - Georg Lukacs - Theodor Adorno - Ralph Waldo Emerson - Karl Popper - Friedrich Nietzsche - Gilles Deleuze - Zeno's paradoxes - Guy Debord - Empiricism - Continental Rationalism - Baruch Spinoza - Republic (Plato) - Bernard Williams - Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right - David Hume - Socrates - Rene Descartes
- Politics - Criticisms of communism - Welfare state
- Places - Withernsea
- Psychology - Classical conditioning - Elizabeth Loftus - Aversion therapy - Dream
- Forgotten Realms - Helm
- Literature - Hard Times - North and South - Ambrose Bierce - Crime and Punishment
- Science - Big crunch - Dirac-delta function
- Others - DMAE - Watergate - Shift work - Mikhail Botvinnik - Tigran Petrosian - Petrov's Defence - Alexander Alekhine - Anatoly Karpov - The Testimony of Three Witnesses - Geoffrey Boycott - The 2005 Ashes - Economic calculation problem - Matthew 27
Templates I have created/edited
- My main project on here to compile encyclopedic articles on philosophical and musical knowledge.
Things you can do
- Optimism should have a separate page that focuses on the philosophical idea of optimism and distinguishes the philosophical view from "positive thinking" and other everyday uses of the word.
- Philosophy of social science, has some okay points but requires elaboration on Wittgenstein and Winch, perhaps other linguistic critiques, whether logical positivist or postmodernist.
- Exchange value needs to be redone, it shouldn't be under 'Marxist theory'- although it's an important component of Marxist theory it's also vital for all economics. That said the article's weight on Marx is also absurd.
- German Idealism and the articles related to it may need to be rewritten or expanded to avoid undue weight on Arthur Schopenhauer.
- Protected values first section confuses right action and values and needs a copy edit, moving and wikifying
- Quality (philosophy) needs a more clear explanation.
- Socratic dialogues could do with some tidying and clarification. See the talk page for one suggested change.
- Problem of universals: The introductory definition is (perhaps) fixed. But, the article is poor. Check out the German version.
- Teleology: the article is shallow and inconsistent.
- Existentialism: the quality of this article varies wildly and is in desperate need of expert attention.
- Analytic philosophy This is a very major topic, but still has several sections which are stubs, and several topics which are not covered.
- Lifeworld A philosophical concept that seems to have fallen exclusively into the hands of the sociologists. Could use some attention; it's a major and complex issue in phenomenology.
- Amorality This page needs great attention as it is currently totally uninformative and, in my opinion, risks more to confuse readers than inform them, as most people will come here with no knowledge of amoralism and worse, often with huge bias against it.
- Perception Needs the attention of philosophically minded Wikipedians. This is only the start of an overhaul of perception and related articles.
|All rights released to all minor edits|
|I agree to release all rights, unless otherwise stated, to all my English Wikipedia text contributions marked as minor edits, enabling anyone to use them for any purpose. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to freely use my minor edit contributions, please check the multi-licensing guide.|