|Search user languages|
I concentrate on typos and general fixes and some copyediting, often using WP:AWB as it allows more corrections per edit per time spent. I do not really want to be involved with discussions, planning, decisions, and contentions. I am task-oriented and truly want to do the best job possible. If you have constructive criticism for me or information on how to improve my service to Wikipedia, please give it. I do make mistakes and want to know when I have made them.
- Searching odd combinations of words ordinarily not used in order to find typos:
- "the have/has/have" (often should be "they have" or a noun is missing)
- "a have" (often transposed from "have a", but also other errs)
- "the with" (often transposed)
- " the to " (finds "to the to the")
- Botched infinitives ("to began", "to became", "to made", etc}
- ... and many similar others.
- Chipping away at the huge number of "the the" and "the The" errors.
- Ongoing corrections to frequent headings such as "References" and "External links".
- Correcting both: their -> there and there -> their
- Correcting "it's" (contraction) versus "its" (possessive)
- *Leaving these mistakes will not get your work copyedited by me
- Wikipedia:Lists of common misspellings
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Fix common mistakes
- American and British English spelling differences
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style
- Wikipedia:How to copy-edit
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Check Wikipedia
- User:WolterBot/Cleanup statistics
- Wikipedia:Disambiguation pages with links - starting to interest me
|28 October 2018|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at