Hi, I'm Kevin! I'm an editor from Des Moines, Iowa. Good to meet you!
Did you know...
- ... that in Blueford v. Arkansas, the US Supreme Court allowed a man to be retried on murder charges after a jury unanimously voted to acquit him of those same charges?
- ... that Janet Napolitano, a former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, sued her own agency?
- ... that when dissenting from the US Supreme Court decision in Lafler v. Cooper , Justice Antonin Scalia wrote that the Court had elevated "plea bargaining from a necessary evil to a constitutional entitlement"?
- ... that in Sessions v. Dimaya, Trump-appointed US Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch joined a 5–4 vote against the Trump administration?
Most of my content work is in law-related articles; I also help out with a broad array of maintenance tasks. Here's my probably-outdated to-do list:
- Improve Blueford v. Arkansas
- Missouri v. Frye (drafting at User:L235/Missouri v. Frye)
- Work on User:L235/People v. Ginther (maybe)
- Give Brady v. Maryland a good edit and expand, as well as the corresponding Brady disclosure
- United States v. Bagley (drafting at User:L235/United States v. Bagley)
- Napue v. Illinois (drafting at User:L235/Napue v. Illinois)
- Remand (court procedure)
- Grant, vacate, remand order
- Sentencing Reform Act
- United States constitutional law
- New York v. Trump
- Brogan v. United States
- Sovereign immunity in the United States – copyedit, rewrite
- Ineffective assistance of counsel
- Jennings v. Rodriguez
Standing collab/review offer: If you have an article about a United States Supreme Court case that you would like to collaborate on improving or would like a GA review on, please let me know!
I work with Wikimedians of Iowa User Group, the Foundation's movement affiliate in the great State of Iowa. If you live in Iowa, or are interested in helping out in any way, please drop me a line!
Since February 2015, I've served as Clerk of the Arbitration Committee, which means that I assist with the administration and running of the arbitration process in accordance with the arbitration policy. I may sometimes take actions on behalf of the Arbitration Committee in that capacity, pursuant to either delegated authority or explicit authorization on an internal mailing list run by the Committee. If I make a mistake, please let me know! You can also appeal those actions by email to clerks-llists.wikimedia.org or arbcom-llists.wikimedia.org.
I work with sockpuppet investigations as a clerk, which means that I help make determinations of sockpuppetry by analyzing evidence and preliminarily endorsing/declining requests for CheckUser. Are you confused or frustrated by the process? Here is a guide to responding to a case at SPI.
- My Speedy deletion nomination log and Proposed deletion nomination log
- Looking for things to do?
- List of alternative accounts
- Informal list of templates used in arbitration
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at