The time has come for me to retire from Wikipedia. In the recent months leading up to this, breaks became more frequent, and now I’m ready to come to a complete stop. I have been a member of this project for nearly two years, and I have been an administrator for 11 months. I don’t want to seem like I’m feeling sorry for myself, but I put such a lot of effort into this project, which I never feel was truly appreciated. There is too much conflict here, too many arguments - no one can agree - we all seem determined to prove each other wrong…and things like that will be fatal for this project.
I have my family, I have my friends and I have my career/training. All of these must take priority over Wikipedia. At one stage, there were times when I put Wikipedia over my friends…I chose to spend time on this dratted thing rather than be with them. That is an utter disgrace, and it will not happen again. I love my family and friends with all my heart; they mean such a lot to me, and I cannot dedicate any more time to Wikipedia.
I am at drama school, training to be an actor…you may see me on your TV screens one day…but you probably won’t know, as I am not thinking of changing my stage name to Lradrama!
Goodbye everybody; and to those who continue to dedicate a large amount of their time to Wikipedia…a word of caution…don’t forget to live.
Goodbye everyone xxx
A few names
These are some people I wish to mention for the reasons given;
- Ryan Postlethwaite; for offering to nominate me for adminship
- Xenocidic; for being an absolute pleasure to work with
- 4u1e; for being such a great mentor when I first started out here
- Phaedriel; for being a pleasure to work with, and for creating “Lradrama’s Day’’
- Wimt for being a true Wiki-friend
- J.delanoy; for being a true Wiki-friend
- WBOSITG; for being a very pleasant workmate
- Gurch; he sometimes portrayed himself as irritable and rash, but he had a heart of gold, and did a huge amount for this project
- Snowolf, Leafyplant, RadioKirk, SpuriousQ, AntiVandalBot; for being the people / robots who made it such a great community to be part of when I first joined.
- Balloonman & Tanthalas39; a strange couple of users…I never knew whether they liked me or not, but I still admired their work here
- Keeper76; I awarded this user a barnstar in recognition of his work. He then went on to attack me for praising Kurt Weber…and then he did this
- Lradrama's awards