|UFC 27: Ultimate Bad Boyz|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 22, 2000|
|City||New Orleans, Louisiana, USA|
In the event, UFC legend Dan "The Beast" Severn returned to the promotion after more than 3 years on the independent scene to face off against top heavyweight contender Pedro Rizzo. Severn was the fan favorite, but he submitted to leg kicks from "The Rock" in the first round. Also, former UFC Heavyweight Champion Maurice Smith took on the first KOTC Heavyweight Champion Bobby Hoffman. Smith won via majority decision. There were 2 preliminary fights and 6 main card fights.
- Lightweight bout: Brad Gumm vs. CJ Fernandes
- Gumm and Fernandes fought to a draw after 2 rounds.
- Monson wins by judges' decision after 2 rounds.
- Freeman wins by judges' decision after 3 rounds.
- Kondo wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 2:28 of Round 3.
- Iha wins by submission due to an armbar at 1:10 of Round 1.
- Horn wins by submission due to an armbar at 4:32 of Round 1.
- Smith wins by judges' decision after 3 rounds.
- Rizzo wins by submission due to punches at 1:33 of Round 1.
Category:Ultimate Fighting Championship events Category:2000 in mixed martial arts Category:Mixed martial arts in the United States Category:Sports in New Orleans, Louisiana Category:Sports in Louisiana Category:2000 in Louisiana