Hi. I've contributed to Wikipedia since April 6, 2004. My major interests include the local culture of Toronto and Canadian culture; Canadians and the history of Canada, especially Canadian military history. I'd like to see my birth country's military history as comprehensively documented, organized, and well-linked on Wikipedia as the US and British military history articles.
If you're curious, please see my personal website at DeepSky which includes professional and creative writing, much of it available under a Creative Commons license. And please feel free to send a message or an email anytime. Cheers!
Contributions so far
- Started articles on William Stephenson, Terry Southern, Canadian Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Lenny Breau, Carole Bayer Sager, Patrick Watson, P.L. Robertson, the Cameron Public House, Je me souviens, Trinity Bellwoods Park, Sneaky Dees, and Beaumont-Hamel.
- Expanded the Second World War section of the Military history of Canada article from one paragraph to seven. Wrote, researched and edited extensively on Sir Arthur Currie, Harry Banks, Francis Pegahmagabow, Queen Street West, British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, and Military history of Canada during World War II. By coincidence, Military history of Canada was the featured article of the day on the same day I reached 1000 Wikipedia edits.
- Contributed to Battle of Normandy becoming a featured article by adding content (especially to the Juno Beach section) and editing existing copy, including edits to the lead paragraph, and by active participation in discussions on Talk:Battle of Normandy.
- Suggested Industrial Revolution for the Wikipedia:Article Improvement Drive. With the kind help of RJHall, it was nominated and selected for the week of June 18-25, 2005.
- 1000 English language Wikipedia edits as of November 24, 2005; 1100 by December 13.
All English Wikipedia articles or edits produced by Madmagic are dual licensed as described below. This license is retroactive, however, I reserve the right to cease using the dual license at any time by removing this notice from my page. The most recent notice shall have priority. I encourage you to dual-license your contributions as well. Madmagic 09:23, Dec 11, 2004 (UTC)
|Multi-licensed with Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike License version 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at