User:Madeleine Price Ball
Madeleine Price Ball
Personal web page: http://mad.printf.net
My background: I'm a postdoc in George Church's lab, which specializes in genomics and biotechnology. I currently work with the Personal Genome Project, in particular with whole genome interpretation. My past work has focused on using high throughput sequencing to profile DNA methylation in mammals.
Science myths: /Science_myths
Work area: /Draft
- ABC news scrutinizes the newsworthiness of individual studies - an encyclopedia should be at least this careful. Madeleine 21:02, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Articles I've worked on
Some articles I've done major rewriting on:
- Genetics - (5/27/07) at the moment the page is almost entirely content I added
- (before - what the page was like before I started)
- 3/13/08 - Good Article
- 3/25/08 - Featured Article
- Sex - (3/31/08) complete rewrite 
- DNA replication - (3/5/08) complete rewrite 
- Genetic recombination
- Polymerase chain reaction
- Quantification of nucleic acids
- DNA melting - merged two articles, later added info on experimental applications of DNA melting
Articles I made:
- PCR optimization - I made this because I wanted to move optimization trivia away from the main PCR article
- Stop codon - Made this page to cover material about amber & ochre mutations and suppressors
- Acacia drepanolobium - The whistling thorn acacia, created the article after reading a cover-story article about it and symbiotic ants in Science.
- Double-flowered - the double flower phenotype, earliest documented floral mutation and popular in many cultivated flowers
Stubs I made:
List of articles I have added pictures of cats to
Article access statistics
Using , average number of times accessed per day in 2008/02:
|Polymerase chain reaction||2,545|
|History of genetics||97|
Images I've made
Some photos and SVG images I made with Inkscape... feel free to suggest other SVG images I could make!
The chemical structure of DNA
Griffith's experiment illustration
illustration of four PCR cycles
A Punnett square, cross between pea plants heterozygous for purple (B) and white (b) blossoms.
An image of the genetic code, DNA->RNA->protein
Strip of eight PCR tubes with 100μl reactions.
Eukaryotic phylogenetic tree.
Another tree I tried making, currently used in Genetics article