User:Madeleine Price Ball
Madeleine Price Ball
Personal web page: http://www.madeleineball.net/
My background: I'm co-founder of Open Humans. I've got experience in free culture / open source, personal data sharing, participant-engaged research, genomics and health research. I'm also a former member of George Church's lab.
Science myths: /Science_myths
Work area: /Draft
- ABC news scrutinizes the newsworthiness of individual studies - an encyclopedia should be at least this careful. Madeleine 21:02, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Articles I've worked on
Some articles I've done major rewriting on:
- Genetics - (5/27/07) at the moment the page is almost entirely content I added
- (before - what the page was like before I started)
- 3/13/08 - Good Article
- 3/25/08 - Featured Article
- Sex - (3/31/08) complete rewrite 
- DNA replication - (3/5/08) complete rewrite 
- Genetic recombination
- Polymerase chain reaction
- Quantification of nucleic acids
- DNA melting - merged two articles, later added info on experimental applications of DNA melting
Articles I made:
- PCR optimization - I made this because I wanted to move optimization trivia away from the main PCR article
- Stop codon - Made this page to cover material about amber & ochre mutations and suppressors
- Acacia drepanolobium - The whistling thorn acacia, created the article after reading a cover-story article about it and symbiotic ants in Science.
- Double-flowered - the double flower phenotype, earliest documented floral mutation and popular in many cultivated flowers
Stubs I made:
List of articles I have added pictures of cats to
Article access statistics
Using , average number of times accessed per day in 2008/02:
|Polymerase chain reaction||2,545|
|History of genetics||97|
Images I've made
Some photos and SVG images I made with Inkscape... feel free to suggest other SVG images I could make!
The chemical structure of DNA
Griffith's experiment illustration
illustration of four PCR cycles
A Punnett square, cross between pea plants heterozygous for purple (B) and white (b) blossoms.
An image of the genetic code, DNA->RNA->protein
Strip of eight PCR tubes with 100μl reactions.
Eukaryotic phylogenetic tree.
Another tree I tried making, currently used in Genetics article