|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Formerly known as Borincano75, I came here around 2004 and decided to work on video game and Latin music related articles. I first started working on articles related to video games, but now I focus mainly on Latin music-related articles beginning in 2010 since it is in need of attention. I started the Latin music project on July of 2012 since the genre is underrepresented on Wikipedia. Before switching to Latin music, I've helped two articles became featured articles, although I wouldn't credit myself since the work was mostly done by another editor. I made my first GA article with Contra La Corriente (Marc Anthony album) in 2010 and the first FA about a Spanish-language album with Romances (Luis Miguel album) in 2012. My main interest in Latin music are Latin pop and tropical music from the 1980s to early 2000s. My userboxes don't reflect it, but I love dance-pop and adult contemporary music from the same time frame as well. Other than that, I'm a student at college studying graphic design. My main interests are Nintendo & PlayStation games and Latin pop/Tropical music.
Currently working on
- Mi Tierra (album) (for FA)
- Billboard Latin Music Awards for tropical music
Héctor Lavoe (done by Caribbean H.Q.)-Featured Article(demoted)
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (done by FMF)-Featured Article
The two articles above were done with collaborations.
- Romances (Luis Miguel album) (first Spanish-language album to be featured article; TFA on February 14, 2015)
- Fijación Oral, Vol. 1 (with User:WikiRedactor) (first ever TFA about a Spanish-language album on December 31, 2014)
- Formula, Vol. 1
- Romance (Luis Miguel album)
- Aries (album) (with Jaespinoza)
- Segundo Romance
- Amarte Es un Placer (album)
- List of awards and nominations received by Romeo Santos (with DivaKnockouts)
- Latin Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Latin Grammy Hall of Fame
- List of best-selling Latin albums in the United States
- Billboard Latin Music Lifetime Achievement Award
- Billboard Latin Music Hall of Fame (with AJona1992)
- Latin Grammy Trustees Award
- Billboard Latin Music Award for Latin Jazz Album of the Year
- Lo Nuestro Excellence Award
- Contra la Corriente (Marc Anthony album)
- Todo a Su Tiempo (Marc Anthony album) (with Gariseiro)
- Bachata Rosa
- Otra Nota
- "No Me Ames" (with Status)
- Desde un Principio: From the Beginning
- Viva el Príncipe
- "Nunca Voy a Olvidarte"
- "No Podrás"
- "Mañana, Mañana"
- "Vuélveme a Querer" (song)
- Mi Reflejo
- "Fruta Fresca"
- "Lo Mejor de Mí" (song)
- "Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti" (with WikiRedactor)
- Joyas Prestadas
- "I Need to Know" (Marc Anthony song)
- "Hasta Que Te Conocí"
- "Falsas Esperanzas" (with HĐ)
- "A Puro Dolor" (with Jaespinoza)
- "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido"
- "Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti" (with HĐ)
- "Por Amarte Así"
- "Por Debajo de la Mesa"
- Mi Tierra
- "Volví a Nacer" (with Luisnh1210)
- Dicen Que Soy
- América & En Vivo
- "Dame" (Luis Miguel song)
- Nada Es Igual... (Luis Miguel album)
- "Si Tú Supieras"
- "En El Jardín"
- "No Sé Olvidar"
- "Yo Nací Para Amarte"
- El Concierto
- Me Estoy Enamorando (album)
- "Sol, Arena y Mar"
- "O Tú o Ninguna"
- Vivo (Luis Miguel album)
- "Dormir Contigo"
- Todos Los Romances
- "Amarte Es un Placer" (song)
- "Amor" (Cristian Castro song)
- México en la Piel (album)
- Mis Romances
- Grandes Éxitos (Luis Miguel album)
- "Da la Vuelta"
Did You Know?
- ... that the success of the Hot Latin Tracks number-one song, "Suavemente", was said to have been influenced by Elvis Crespo's son?
- ... that Puerto Rican singer Marc Anthony received a Grammy Award for Best Tropical Latin Album for his third studio album titled Contra La Corriente?
- ... that the Cuban idiom El Niágara en Bicicleta is used to describe a situation that is difficult to overcome?
- ... that Mexican singer Luis Miguel received a Grammy Award and a Platinum certification for his album Segundo Romance in the United States?
- ... that the Christmas album Una Navidad con Gilberto by Gilberto Santa Rosa won a Latin Grammy Award for "Best Traditional Tropical Album" in 2009?
- ... that the greatest hits album Desde un principio: From the Beginning by Marc Anthony was the best-selling Latin album of 2000?
- } ... that the songs "Si Tú Me Besas" and "Ella Lo Que Quiere Es Salsa" helped Víctor Manuelle become the artist with the most number-one singles on the Billboard Tropical Songs chart?
- ... that Tito El Bambino received an American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers award for Latin Song of the Year for "El Amor"?
- ... that the songs Jenni Rivera chose to cover on her album Joyas Prestadas were songs she listened to while working as a cashier?
- ... that "Por Amarte Así" won an ASCAP Latin award in categories Pop/Ballad, Salsa and Duranguense for Alejandro Montalbán and Eduardo Reyes?
- ... that La India's recordings of "Ese Hombre" and "Dicen Que Soy", on her album Dicen Que Soy, have been described as "anthems for female salsa lovers"?
- ... that Romance by Luis Miguel was credited by music critics for reviving the bolero genre?
- ... that Selena was inducted into the Billboard Latin Music Hall of Fame three months after her death?
- ... that WEA Latin had a Mexican radio station play all the songs from Aries by Luis Miguel in response to finding pirate copies of the album being already sold? (with Jaespinoza)
- ... that all four singles from Alejandro Fernández's album Me Estoy Enamorando reached number one on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart in the United States?
In the News
- Joan Sebastian (with Fundude99)
- Juan Gabriel (with Tbhotch, AJona1992, and Fundude99)
- João Gilberto
- Camilo Sesto
- José José
- Amor Prohibido (song) (Passed)
Concerts I've been to
- Elvis Crespo (2003)
- Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez (2007)
- Juan Luis Guerra (2008)
- La Mega Concert: Angel & Khriz, Grupo Mania, Luis Fonsi, N'Klabe, Elvis Crespo, Ismael Miranda (2008)
- Arturo Sandoval (2011)
- Fiesta Medina: Edgar Joel, Frankie Negron, Grupo Mania, El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico (2011)
- Rumba Fest: Victor Manuelle, Tito El Bambino,Tony Vega Andy Montañez & Ismael Miranda (con Mario Ortiz orchestra),Prince Royce, Don Omar (2011)
- Cristian Castro (2011)
- Calle Orange: Milly Quezada, Tito Rojas (2011)
You are free to invite me to a Wikiproject that you may think that I join based on my contributions. Just drop it on my talk page and we'll sort things out.
Awards and Recognitions
See my barnstars here.