User:Managerpants/List of Manifestations of God in the Baha'i Faith
|Part of a series on|
The following list contains the Manifestations of God of the Bahá'í Faith. According to Bahá'í teaching, the Manifestations were God's divine Messengers whom He sent to reveal His Word to humankind. This list contains only the Manifestations that were explicitly stated in the sacred writings, and thus is not an exhaustive list. According to Bahá'u'lláh, "Know thou that the absence of any reference to [the Prophets preceding Adam] is no proof that they did not actually exist. That no records concerning them are now available, should be attributed to their extreme remoteness, as well as to the vast changes which the earth hath undergone since their time." Shoghi Effendi goes on to say, "The only reason there is not more mention of the Asiatic prophets is because their names seem to be lost in the mists of ancient history... We are taught there always have been Manifestations of God, but we do not have any record of their names."
- Abraham - patriarch of the Abrahamic religions.
- Adam - the first human to be conscious of good and evil
- Báb - founder of Bábism, and predecessor to Bahá'u'lláh
- Bahá'u'lláh - founder of the Bahá'í Faith
- Gautama Buddha - founder of Buddhism
- Hud - prophet of Islam
- Jesus - founder of Christianity
- Krishna - avatar of Vishnu in Hinduism
- Moses - author of the Torah in Judaism
- Muhammed - founder of Islam
- Noah - the "second Adam"
- Saleh - prophet of Islam
- Zoroaster - founder of Zoroastrianism
- the unnamed founder of the Sabeans
- Effendi, Shoghi (1983). Hornby, Helen (Ed.), ed. Lights of Guidance: A Bahá'í Reference File. Bahá'í Publishing Trust, New Delhi, India. ISBN 8185091463. Unknown parameter
- Bahá'u'lláh (1931). Effendi, Shoghi, ed. The Kitáb-i-Íqán. Bahá'í Publishing Trust, Wilmette, Illinois. ISBN 0877430225.