- Ahupua'a - the old land division of Hawai'i shows up in some articles (like the one about Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park without explanation
- Hamakua Coast - the North-Eastern coast of the Big Island of Hawai'i. A land of cliffs, rain, and slopes as far as the eye can see
- Poliahu - one of the four snow goddesses of Hawai'i, she used to protect the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island of Hawai'i
- Pololu Valley - my favorite valley on the island of Hawai`i, a gorgeous gorge, barely used, with a magnificent black sand beach. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of the way.
- Castiglione della Pescaia - I lived there for years, and my father still lives there. A beautiful little town I have always loved.